Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

RPCcompass

RVF Regular
Does anyone know of information on how to manually extend the slide on my Compas 23TW? I don't want to get stranded with the slide extended. I had this happen on my Coachmen Freedom Express.

I had to manually move mine which is motor gearbox on upper track. You need to remove the motor by removing the set screw on the outside of the RV. Then lift the motor out and disconnect the wires. The slide out will then move freely on the track and rollers, while the other motor moves it's side of the slide. I pried the motor up with a medium size screw driver. The hardest part was getting my hands into the small area that the motor is located in. The motor controller is amperage controlled so if the motor is seized or the track is tight the motor will shut off due to amp draw as the controller thinks the motor is at the end of the track. Mine was hanging up on a track screw that was hitting the motor housing. I replaced the screws with a flatter pan head screw.

I had to manually move mine which is motor gearbox on upper track. You need to remove the motor by removing the set screw on the outside of the RV. Then lift the motor out and disconnect the wires. The slide out will then move freely on the track and rollers, while the other motor moves it's side of the slide. I pried the motor up with a medium size screw driver. The hardest part was getting my hands into the small area that the motor is located in. The motor controller is amperage controlled so if the motor is seized or the track is tight the motor will shut off due to amp draw as the controller thinks the motor is at the end of the track. Mine was hanging up on a track screw that was hitting the motor housing. I replaced the screws with a flatter pan head screw.
Thanks for the input. Finally found the section in my Owners Web site that provided some guidance. If I disconnect the electrical from my controller, supposed to be able to have two People push it in. I will try that before our next trip to make sure.

The motors on my slide are 500 to 1 gear ratio. The motor had to be removed for the slide to move freely, otherwise you are attempting to spin the motor when you move the slide.

I have read this also, but with a Schwintek system I would like to see the size of the guy or guys that can push it in.

The motors on my slide are 500 to 1 gear ratio. The motor had to be removed for the slide to move freely, otherwise you are attempting to spin the motor when you move the slide.
I will have to try and see if the manual is correct. Will update this thread when I find out.

Thanks for the input. Finally found the section in my Owners Web site that provided some guidance. If I disconnect the electrical from my controller, supposed to be able to have two People push it in. I will try that before our next trip to make sure.

Does anyone know of information on how to manually extend the slide on my Compas 23TW? I don't want to get stranded with the slide extended. I had this happen on my Coachmen Freedom Express.
I read that you can unplug the manual override module and this releases the brake and allows you to push in the slide.

There is no brake. It is the ratio of the gearing on the motor that prevents it from moving. Unless you remove the motor, it ain't moving.

Latest resources

Back