Chassis
Freightliner
Engine
Cummins
TOW/TOAD
2022 GMC Canyon AT4
Fulltimer
No
The following two paragraphs are taken from today's press release. I think our 26001# deisel motorhomes will eventually be included. How can we get China and India on board with the same regulations?

"The Environmental Protection Agency announced the new regulations Friday morning, and officials said they represent the strongest-ever greenhouse gas emissions standards of their kind. The rules will kick in beginning in 2026 for model year 2027 vehicles and progressively become more stringent through model year 2032, forcing a larger number of trucks and buses to be zero-emissions in that time frame.

"EPA’s standards complement President Biden’s unprecedented investment in our workers and communities to reduce harmful emissions, while strengthening our manufacturing capacity for the transportation technologies of the future," said White House Climate Advisor Ali Zaidi. "By tackling pollution from heavy-duty vehicles, we can unlock extraordinary public health, climate, and economic gains."

I would get banned if I commented. So, I won’t.
I understand your dilemma. I thought long and hard about posting it but hopefully, it will not turn political.

It is driven by politics so how is not political?

Well one things forsure, they are not going to get less expensive
This may drive more people to the 5th wheel choise

I was thinking about :
“The rules will kick in beginning in 2026 for model year 2027 vehicles and progressively become more stringent through model year 2032”
I wonder if fuel MPG will progressively lower, maybe the high 3’s?

You have to just block this stuff out and not worry about it. Live your best RV life now and don't worry about tomorrow. We've all learned to not watch the news, who not to listen to, etc. If you want to live a peaceful enjoyable life moderation in news sources and social media is a must.

Remember the good ole days when all you had to worry about was the #2 pencil sharpener jamming with shavings? Can I have that again please?

Actually, from a positive standpoint - a great opportunity for mechanics refurbishing and painting old rigs. I will be du about 2032. I don’t like all of the computer control on the newer rugs anyhow.

Latest resources

Back