Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Tnedator

RVF Supporter
OK, first to the interesting alternative. Always thought it wierd that RV AGS units don't sense shore power and just return to shore power when it's back like a house.

Read about this unit for the first time the other day, and looks really interesting. Some downsides to this, such as completely running out of fuel (diesel/propane/etc.) since I'm not sure there is a max run time, but it looks very interesting. This one has two modes, but in the shore power mode, it basically operates like a home transfer switch. No shore power, start the generator. Shore power comes back, turn off the generator.

As to the question.

In my Newmar with the ARC 50 and Magnum AGS, I have it set to start on ext input, and that works just fine. However, I remain unclear when, or if, it will shut down. I know Neil and others have used ext input for AGS and wonder if you guys have clarity if it's going to run until I shut it off, or what I recall, but didn't see in the manual, is that every so often it checked to see if ext input was still calling, and if it isn't, would shut off.

If my recollection is correct, then in the heat of the summer, it might never shut off, because the AC won't cycle off, and even though shore power might be back on, it will just keep running the generator, because ext input never stopped calling. So, wasn't sure if mixing max run time in was what would be needed, and if that would then shut the generator off, but will it then restart it x minutes later, if the coach is still hot and still has no shore power.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back