RV Year
RV Make
Coachmen
RV Model
Catalina Trail Blazer 26TH
RV Length
Fulltimer
No
Is there anyone here that has used the RM tripmaker in the past and know when RM decided to discontinue it. I currently use the RM RVND7 unit but since trip maker has gone away i really dont know if I will be able to continue using it as I know of no way to download any trips that I may make.

I know that I can use my phone but really like the features of the RVND7 as it is set up for my truck and trailer. Also using Google maps coming home from Athens Ohio this past weekend Google sent me on some of the worst country lane roads I have ever been on. Sure am glad I was not pulling tahe toy hauler.

Last edited:
RM discontinued tripmaker maybe about 5 years ago. I ditched my RM710 about the same time. I sometimes use MS Streets & Trips (2013 last edition) to plan routes then export to either of the two Garmins I have for my Jeep & motorhome. It’s a pretty simple process.

Is there anyone here that has used the RM tripmaker in the past and know when RM decided to discontinue it. I currently use the RM RVND7 unit but since trip maker has gone away i really dont know if I will be able to continue using it as I know of no way to download any trips that I may make.

I know that I can use my phone but really like the features of the RVND7 as it is set up for my truck and trailer. Also using Google maps coming homoe from Athens Ohio this past weekend Google sent me on some of the worst country lane roads I have ever been on. Sure am glad I was not pullijng tahe toy hauler.
Google maps is not set up for RV usage. Garmin has made a mark in this area although mine has failed me a on occasion. RVLife Campgrounds RV LIFE Campground Reviews - Trusted Reviews of Campgrounds & RV Parks have an app called Trip Wizard that is available if you are a pro member. (I am a member but have never used the app so I can't tell you if it's any good). I rely on Google Earth, my RV Garmin and the phones Tom Tom (Google Maps). The phone gives me a heads up on turns quicker than the Garmin but the Garmin is much better at keeping me away from low bridges etc. My best app is my live co pilot though. She keeps me on the straight and narrow no matter what! :)

Safe travels

Darrell

RM discontinued tripmaker maybe about 5 years ago. I ditched my RM710 about the same time. I sometimes use MS Streets & Trips (2013 last edition) to plan routes then export to either of the two Garmins I have for my Jeep & motorhome. It’s a pretty simple process.
I dont think it has been that long as I have a trip in my unit from last Sept. when we went to a Ohio University football game and I did not want to use the interstate for the trip and also to get us to the campground we had never used before.

I use the TripWizard to plan routes and just enter the days drive into the Garmin 890 I have mounted to the dash for drive days. RM discontinued the gps data on my 1 year old unit on previous coach and I switched to the Garmin for that reason. Was never really impressed with the RM and get "mostly" good results with the Garmin. We always run a phone on google maps as a backup while driving but I will default to Garmin if there is a conflict between it and Google. So far haven't been in any ditches although it has been close a few times.

Latest resources

Back