Rustymayes

RVF VIP
RV Year
RV Make
Newmar
RV Model
Fulltimer
No
On my 2022 DS 4081 I noticed on my last return trip that my rear view monitor was very dark. I though maybe I had somehow used the dimming feature to darken the image but it was on the brightest setting. I selected the turn signal and the side camera view was bright and clear so I am assuming that I have a camera issue? Has anyone else had this issue and found the solution to be camera replacement or is it more likely connection issues. There are faint horizontal lines all through the display as well but only on the rear camera. All of a sudden I seem to be having annoying as well as major issues with this coach, none of which can be attributed to lack of MX or abuse.

On my 23 the high mounted rear camera would stop working the screen just showed lines, if I unplugged the rear camera from the booster in the 12 bath and replugged it would come back on. The diagnosis was bad rear camera and replace the camera wire to the 1/2 bath. Unfortunately a lot of rear camera failures

I turned on the camera today to start trouble shooting it and of course it worked like new. I will get up on top of the rig to check the cable in to the camera to see if perhaps it could have gotten wet thru a bad seal or something. It had been a wet weekend when it went wonky.

I turned on the camera today to start trouble shooting it and of course it worked like new. I will get up on top of the rig to check the cable in to the camera to see if perhaps it could have gotten wet thru a bad seal or something. It had been a wet weekend when it went wonky.
I have that issue ever time I drive on mucky (spring melt) roads. Everything becomes bright and clear once I wash the beast. I hope this will be your problem as well 'cause it a very quick fix. There is no grime build up on the side cams but the rear gets real dirty. This is a fact of life when you arrive back in Canada too early. :)

Darrell

Latest resources

Back