Winnebago
RV Model
Nation
RV Length
Engine
diesel
Fulltimer
No
looking for someone to pay to help me replace my rotted back wall in rv, I've already gotten work started. I live in the Greenville, Alabama area if anyone knows of anyone reasonable

Good Morning! Maybe you could post some pictures so we could see the damage and where you are in the project. this may help someone get an idea before committing to something. Have a Great Day !

looking for someone to pay to help me replace my rotted back wall in rv, I've already gotten work started. I live in the Greenville, Alabama area if anyone knows of anyone reasonable
72099817736__4D2521DD-C4B5-4080-945F-3853BEA3E1D3.jpeg
72099818695__F5A9AB17-771E-4DBD-978D-29EFDE6ED2E5.jpeg

Good Morning! Maybe you could post some pictures so we could see the damage and where you are in the project. this may help someone get an idea before committing to something. Have a Great Day !
Thank you for your suggestion
You were absolutely right!!

Fix the roof leak first before tackling that damage.

Rick

I would rip out all the bad, inspect and then fix the leak. Might help you fixing the leak twice. The demo should take a few hours of hustle.
No idea how much more damage there is. You are seeing what is obvious. The sidewalls very likely got water damage too. Looks like you are taking a very ginger approach to demolition. Inspect both sides of the wall (if you can) or take a gamble and cut an inspection hole in the middle of the damaged wall so you can see the other side.

Is there a fiberglass cap behind that wall? with an air space inbetween? These are the details that are important to know before getting involved deeper. The inspection hole (start small, then until you can fit your head in) might be helpful to know what the construction is. But you should be able to tell just from looking from the outside and to orient what you can see, where the damage starts, and how much further to the actual back of the coach.

Once you get the demo apart. Clean, demold. Clean. You can then stand back and put a restoration plan in place.
Picture of my RV rear wall during reconstruction. Just one possible method.

Attachments

• rear_wall_small.jpg
    rear_wall_small.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 14
Thank-you for feedback.
Ive had wall replaced still working on it.
Have a nice day everyone

than
I would rip out all the bad, inspect and then fix the leak. Might help you fixing the leak twice. The demo should take a few hours of hustle.
No idea how much more damage there is. You are seeing what is obvious. The sidewalls very likely got water damage too. Looks like you are taking a very ginger approach to demolition. Inspect both sides of the wall (if you can) or take a gamble and cut an inspection hole in the middle of the damaged wall so you can see the other side.

Is there a fiberglass cap behind that wall? with an air space inbetween? These are the details that are important to know before getting involved deeper. The inspection hole (start small, then until you can fit your head in) might be helpful to know what the construction is. But you should be able to tell just from looking from the outside and to orient what you can see, where the damage starts, and how much further to the actual back of the coach.

Once you get the demo apart. Clean, demold. Clean. You can then stand back and put a restoration plan in place.
Picture of my RV rear wall during reconstruction. Just one possible method.

Latest resources

Back