Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

gordelbar

RVF Newbee
We have a 2003 Class C MinnieWinnie 30' in very good condition. We could sell it for the high $20's, maybe more. Newer Class C's and A's (2016+) are $60K+. We love the MInnie's layout, everything works but it has 65,000 miles on the Ford E450/V10 base. Does anyone think we should sell and move on up to a newer one?

We have a 2003 Class C MinnieWinnie 30' in very good condition. We could sell it for the high $20's, maybe more. Newer Class C's and A's (2016+) are $60K+. We love the MInnie's layout, everything works but it has 65,000 miles on the Ford E450/V10 base. Does anyone think we should sell and move on up to a newer one?
You have actually had an offer that high? Must be a nice coach.

If you’re happy with what you have, no reason to change anything.

There would have to be more reasons than just having 65,000 miles on a Ford V-10 motor for me to consider trading. How do you use your RV? Do you just go out a few weekends a year, are you long-timers staying out months at a time, or are you somewhere in between? If you are anticipating putting some serious additional miles on your current RV in the next few years than maybe it could be worth updating, or if you are wanting something a little larger.

We just took delivery on a brand new Jayco Greyhawk Prestige 31FP Class C ordered in October 2020. Arrived April 15 2021. This is what our Dealer just told me and he had nothing to gain as we already paid cash and were getting ready to drive away with our brand new rig. He said It is very hard to buy new ones now. Of any make. There was a recent fire in a laminate factory. There is a shortage of glue (of all things) for RVs and RV parts are also randomly at a shortage. Prices have gone up(we all knew this though), the price for the new RVs that they do have on the lots, instead of going on sale, are going up. If they are getting new deliveries, like the RV we just bought, the price is more than what the original MSRP was when we bought ours. It is a seller’s market. You probably could sell yours for a decent price and get a newer used one. Bump up and get the rig you’ve always wanted. I would if I were you. There are a boat load of people who want to buy now. They aren’t depreciating as much as they used to. It’s what I would do if I were you.

Depends on what you really want. The Ford emgine sould get you weel over 100,000 miles if properly cared for. My expedition has 103,000 miles on it and I don't plan to get rid of it anytime soon.It still runs as well as it did on day one. If you want new and you are still happy, I would wait for prices to drop and supply to replenish. If you really want something else, and are willing to get something used, the I would be taking my time shopping, and if the ideal thing popped up and the finances were right, then go for it.

Only you know your deep seated needs, dreams and desires, and the price you are willing to pay for them - in time and money. Weigh (on paper) the pros and cons for your situation.

Latest resources

Back