Spartan
Engine
Cummins
TOW/TOAD
2018 Ford Flex
Fulltimer
No
IMG_0569.png

I think this is residential @Joe Hogan? Don't tease the group unless you're using what RVers are using :)

I realize many have grown used to high speed internet! I was used to Verizon in remote locations. To put it bluntly many times I would have had a better state of mind had I accepted that I had no service!!!

I ran the test on my starlink app the other day out of curiosity! I can stream, upload, download, talk on the phone. You know, everything you can't do using Verizon in many of the places I frequent. (I digress).
So I expected much better numbers, and so to did the app! The app told me I should try finding another location for my router!!!

Now for the rest of the story! My rig is aluminum! So I live in a form of Faraday cage. Any old-timer ham will tell you about the rf damage caused to your heath! Well my router is in a cabnet outside of my rig! This is intentional, as living in a microwave intentionally seems like a bad idea!

I found a nice little spot to take around Quartzsite, but looking around a cell tower gave me second thoughts. Starlink gives them to me as well, but I'm not putting it against my head in the form of Bluetooth headphones, and the router outside helps lower the effects of microwave signals. I am thinking of replacing the router to hard wire the items I use, if that can be done!!!

I think this is residential @Joe Hogan? Don't tease the group unless you're using what RVers are using :)
Yes this is residential and it varies quite widely. This is the first time I’ve seen this speed. Not sure if this is a result of the V2 mini sats or just low utilization . Hopefully this is the result of new V2 minis

Last edited:
i see speeds anywhere from 12 to 200. even at 12 it's fast enough to stream and work. Seldom that slow. The app shows speeds quicker than my computer does.

I am a fan of Starlink.
When using the Starlink app to measure speed, as I recall, it is providing a speed test up to the router, and is NOT including any impact of your WiFi system.
This is why the Starlink app will show speeds faster than what you see on a computer or using a speed test app such as Ookla’s app where WiFi restrictions and interference play a factor.
Knowing the difference can be a big help in diagnosing where the problem is occurring during a slow down.

Not very nice, Joe! lol

Here is mine. It's typical of what I get with my RV setup, but it's still more than enough to handle my cell phones and let us stream both outside and inside as well.

v
1709162440356.png

Not very nice, Joe! lol

Here is mine. It's typical of what I get with my RV setup, but it's still more than enough to handle my cell phones and let us stream both outside and inside as well.

vView attachment 22940
Jim, I get about 10 times that when the dish is pointed correctly and unobstructed. My best was about 156 Mbps Download and and 50’s upload.

Maybe location is a factor?

I’ve noticed lately that the latency has improved to 30s regularly. Must be V1.5 satellites in our area.

I'm in wide open parking in Fl. zero obstruction. This morning foggy. We have never been not able to work or stream with Starlink

Attachments

• 3ECCC3D0-1AFE-4103-A4F2-97B03C5C13EF.jpeg
    3ECCC3D0-1AFE-4103-A4F2-97B03C5C13EF.jpeg
    176 KB · Views: 9

Latest resources

Back