Keystone Avalanche
RV Model
312RS
RV Length
TOW/TOAD
2021 Ram 2500
Fulltimer
Yes
Hello everyone, probably not a new question, so I apologize if this is old hat. Just started full timing in a 2022 Keystone Avalanche. This is our 3rd rig. We just hauled it 1937 miles in four days, with a 2021 Ram Cummins Tradesman. Wife is already missing her Direct TV Chanel’s. We are a previous Direct customer with our account in “suspend”.
Now the question. Should I go thru the effort of adding a satellite dish to the RV or do a stand alone? We still have all of the equipment from our previous household set up.

If you decide to go with satellite, I recommend switch to Dish. We switched and we are very satisfied. You can turn off the service when not used for few months very easy. Customer service is great.
Direct TV was a great PIA .

Dish all the way. Rather than subscribe for RV service we just take our home receiver with us. Use the tailgater portable dish with 50' of coax. If you mount it permanently to your RV you will have problems picking up the satellite when camping around trees.

Hello everyone, probably not a new question, so I apologize if this is old hat. Just started full timing in a 2022 Keystone Avalanche. This is our 3rd rig. We just hauled it 1937 miles in four days, with a 2021 Ram Cummins Tradesman. Wife is already missing her Direct TV Chanel’s. We are a previous Direct customer with our account in “suspend”.
Now the question. Should I go thru the effort of adding a satellite dish to the RV or do a stand alone? We still have all of the equipment from our previous household set up.
Stand alone. Much less expensive, much easier to use all the time if you have trees.

I was with DirectTV for 20 years. When we started RV'ing regularly instead of just a couple of weekends a year, I found that DirectTV knows nothing about RV's or how to supply the RV community with service. We switched to Dish and everything has been very good. We have a Tailgater dish that is portable and works automatically. Can turn the service on and off at will.

I think satellite will be dead in five years or less as much content is going to streaming. Even though we have DTV we use streaming more although I have yet to go way off the grid to see if I can even get a cell signal. If you plan to go to remote locations, then satellite is necessary.

I think satellite will be dead in five years or less as much content is going to streaming. Even though we have DTV we use streaming more although I have yet to go way off the grid to see if I can even get a cell signal. If you plan to go to remote locations, then satellite is necessary.
I think so also. I didn't even take my dish to Florida this winter. Everything worked out fine so when I got home I cancelled dish network.

Live streaming won't work for us because we are off grid a lot. Neither do maps through the phone.

Another DIsh fan here.

I have a sat dish on mine that has yet to see the light of day. I wish I hadn’t optioned it in. We are 100% streaming.

Latest resources

Back