Chassis
Freightliner
Engine
Cummins
TOW/TOAD
Jeep Grand Cherokee
Fulltimer
No
We are heading to Alaska soon and concerned about the amount of rock & chip damage our tow vehicle, 2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee, will suffer. We have mud flaps behind the rear tires and the obligatory Newmar sign under the rear of the coach. Any recommendations for a shield or other protection for the windshield and car front?

We took off the Newmar sign as others had recommended to me. Jeep Liberty did fine while being towed. We did receive some windshield chips but took on the rocks when we were driving it unhooked. Go figure.

I have the blue ox karguard but do not recommend it. It is a pita to install and remove and you need someplace to store it when not in use. I think the roadmaster tow defender would be my choice if I were to do it over again.

We are heading to Alaska soon and concerned about the amount of rock & chip damage our tow vehicle, 2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee, will suffer. We have mud flaps behind the rear tires and the obligatory Newmar sign under the rear of the coach. Any recommendations for a shield or other protection for the windshield and car front?
Go to Walmart and buy a $12.00 Yoga Mat. Pick your color. Make sure your wiper blades are over top of the mat. Tuck both ends into the front doors and make sure it fits tight. We have been doing this for years and have never had even a small chip.

Darrell

We have Roadmaster tow defender and have used for over 5 years/2 Alaska trips. We also removed Newmar sign for the Alaska trips but did reinstall upon returning adjusted so it doesn’t drag. I recommend tow defender but nothing will guarantee you, just trying to minimize

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back