Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

artgurl23

RVF Newbee
Hi! We just bought a used 2022 crosstrail 23xg from a private seller and brought it up from Florida. unfortunately, they didn't have to worry about winterizing or draining the tanks so when they gave us the walk through, we didn't know this information. Now, the fresh water tank froze and when we took it out in warmer weather and turned on the water pump, water came out of the floor vent next to the bathroom. I still can't figure out how to drain the fresh water tank. I know about the valves behind the oven drawer but i'm not sure how to use them or what they do. a diagram or step by step for this exact model would be extremely helpful. thanks so much!

I don’t know your particular coach, but what you are describing COULD be water coming out of a low point drain. If water moves when you turn your pump on, the pump is okay.

Could you post a pic of your water compartment? That will help I believe.

I had to replace the strainer basket on our pump last year. We had a leak, replaced and that was it. Find the pump activate the pump and see where the water is coming from. You may not need a pump.

Hi! We just bought a used 2022 crosstrail 23xg from a private seller and brought it up from Florida. unfortunately, they didn't have to worry about winterizing or draining the tanks so when they gave us the walk through, we didn't know this information. Now, the fresh water tank froze and when we took it out in warmer weather and turned on the water pump, water came out of the floor vent next to the bathroom. I still can't figure out how to drain the fresh water tank. I know about the valves behind the oven drawer but i'm not sure how to use them or what they do. a diagram or step by step for this exact model would be extremely helpful. thanks so much!
😒
What you describe is a burst water line. So you didn't winterize and your pipes froze. The suction line is good or the pump would just draw air. No pump running no water problem! Yup you have burst water system problems.
Could be anyone of the following items, or combination of them.

Valves ( toilet, faucets)
Lines (hot or cold)
Water heater.

Hopefully a water line.

I agree with Kevin. If water comes out when the pump is on, then the pump is likely OK. Most likely a plastic water fitting has split due to freezing. Takes a good visual inspection with good illumination to look in all the cracks, crevices, storage areas, and behind blank panels that may have to be removed. Remove drawers, and look in all cabinets. You won't likely need the pump on to do this as there will or should be water on the floor. Also best if the camper is level, left to right, and front to rear. This keeps water from running downhill and away from the leak.
Once you find the leak and determine the defective item, the next chore will be "How do I fix it and where do I get parts?". Most likely any required parts can be had from the local big box store, Home Depot, Lowe's, Menards, etc.

Just be prepared to lay on your stomach and twist your body into a pretzel in the most uncomfortable way.

Bob

Coachman is the manufacturer and I would call for a plumbing diagram.
(574) 825-5821

I agree you have a water leak due to sub zero temperatures. Good luck and keep us posted so others might learn.

Latest resources

Back