Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

CaptainGizmo

RVF Expert
SoCal...relax, we're one of the good ones! ;-)
RV Year
RV Make
Newell
RV Model
2020P
RV Length
TOW/TOAD
2017 Ford F-150 Raptor w/AF1 Braking
Fulltimer
No
Hello,

I'm sure most of you are aware of the very active and robust Newell Groups on Facebook. Those of you, like myself, dread even having a Facebook account; even if for the Newell Groups. That said, it sure would have been nice, if this sub-forum on Neal's RVForums.com was around and had the membership of the others. But it has to start sometime, so let me be the first to say WELCOME, and SPREAD THE WORD!

This platform and forum structure has many benefits over Facebook's groups. So, perhaps one day, this will become the preferred platform of choice. In the meantime, I hope it remains a positive, constructive...and classy resource for us all.

We became the humble and thankful owners of a 2015 Newell after owning a Dutch Star 4369 for 2 years. I continue to be amazed at the engineering, detail, workmanship, quality, along with the work ethics and customer support of everyone at Newell.

Cleaned Up! copy.jpeg
int.jpeg

Last edited:
Congrats. Gorgeous coach.

Congrats. Keep us posted on your likes and dislikes (if any) as you get more experience with your beautiful coach.

I'm new to this forum, and the only way I can claim to be a Newell owner (at this point) is the fact that Newell has a bunch of my money!! We just ordered a new Newell that's still just a twinkle in my eye - it's set to be delivered in March of 2022 - coach #1750. We just completed a big chunk of the design process encompassing a several email exchanges, phone calls, plus 3 full days at the factory last week. What a rush that was!!! I also got a big assist and several excellent suggestions from CaptainGizmo - thank you Steve! There are still a few details to go, plus a big one - the paint design and colors - but we're well on our way. We're looking forward to picking it up at the factory on March 8, 2022.

In the meantime, we've been travelling full-time in our 2018 Newmar London Aire for the past 3 1/2 years. We spend a week here, a month there, 2 weeks over there, etc. I plan waaaay in advance, so we get the nicest spots in the nicest RV Resorts. In fact, I'm already reserved for most of 2022. The London Aire has been good to us, but when we decided this lifestyle is totally unbeatable, we decided to take the plunge and get a custom Newell. I'll post pictures of the new beast when we finally get it.

Thanks for setting up this sub-forum, Steve. I don't do Facebook - for lots of reasons - so I'm hoping this Newell group catches on. And thanks to @Neal for setting up RV Forums!

All my best, Ed

Congrats @ehochuli85. We’re looking forward to whatever you want to share along this dream. Stories pictures experiences of the Newell process. Welcome to the site.

Congratulations @CaptainGizmo! Gorgeous coach!! So happy for you both.

Welcome @ehochuli85! I watched a video of Newell building chassis and on up. Amazing and everything so well thought of and done in house. Looking forward to hearing about your build process and your adventures in "twinkletoes."?

I'll post pictures of the new beast when we finally get it.
Ed,

I think the folks would really enjoy some build pictures. I know Newell doesn’t show everything behind the curtain, but there are some really astounding phases of production that would blow peoples minds as they did mine! In particular, the slides, wet bays, and electronics are insane to see in production!!

If Newell allows, make a new Thread with #1750 Build Pics for others to enjoy.

Latest resources

Back