Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest RV Community on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, review campgrounds
  • Get the most out of the RV Lifestyle
  • Invite everyone to RVForums.com and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome

Question What is the name of the screw driver for the square head screws in a Jayco?

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Beverly-2

RVF Newbee
RV Year
RV Make
Jayco
RV Model
North Point
RV Length
40ft
Chassis
N/A
Engine
N/A
TOW/TOAD
F-350 Ford Super Duty Diesel
Fulltimer
No
What is the name of the screw driver for the square head screws in a Jayco?

I think you're on the right track...square head pocket screws take a square head driver of various sizes. Many driver kits have an assortment that should satisfy your needs. Once you know the correct size you can buy a square head screw driver set. Unless I'm mistaken, there isn't a size unique to Jayco. Good luck.

1646176647581.png

They come in three sizes, 1 2 3 all of the screws and fasteners I have encountered in our MH's have been a #2. They are also know as Roberson drive But most people just call them square drive. They cam out a lot less than Phillips. Square drive is all I use in my cabinet shop and I go thru hundreds of screws a week.
s

I think you're on the right track...square head pocket screws take a square head driver of various sizes. Many driver kits have an assortment that should satisfy your needs. Once you know the correct size you can buy a square head screw driver set. Unless I'm mistaken, there isn't a size unique to Jayco. Good luck.

View attachment 11002

Thanks for all the rapid responses.

I just call them square drive, and yes, better durability and re-useability than Phillips. But better still are Frearson, but you wont find them on RVs.

Latest resources

Back