Cornerstone
RV Length
Chassis
FL
Engine
Cummins
TOW/TOAD
Jeep Wrangler
I have noticed on this forum and other forums the Newmar club is always the most active
I’m curious why that is.
I have a theory that because Newmar’s are famous for their ability to customize your coach, many start frequenting the forums through the order process.
In any event it is very cool and would be great for this forum to get other clubs as active. Thoughts?

I agree more information sharing is always better and always more helpful in most cases versus the dealer or manufacturer. The question is how do we get them here? Some seem entrenched in the other forums. I am actually surprised we don’t have more newmar owners here but we all know NIRVC is very active on the other forum so that probably keeps them there. Just a guess. Obviously once confronted and ordered to prison by the admins over there, they come over. The other question I would ask is why do certain “well known”Newmar owners stay there and they have ids here but hardly come by. I am not naming names but you all know who I am talking about.

Saw the same thing on the Forest River Forums.

One of the reasons was the GMs for the motorized divisions were all active on the forum. Started with the Dynamax GM, which is why we initially had one of those on order. He is now the motorized GM and made sure all the individual line GMs were active to answer questions etc.

That forum is owned by the same company that owns “the other one”.

The above did lead to a lot of good will with owners and, having a place to go to get questions answered directly from the source is nice.

As a non-Newmar user, the brand we use has quite an active social media activity, but it is not on this forum nor on “the other” forum - it is a group on FB (and I refuse to use FB).
Birds of a feather flock together - not sure why other brand users seem to have settled on using FB as their platform nor why Newmar users have gravitated where they have. But personally I like this forum and it is my primary social media consumption.

The other forum has been around for almost 25 years and in the beginning, they attended the big shows at Tampa and Hershey. I asked Neal for a supply of the RV Forums business cards to hand out at 3 Hoots Rally's and the Newmar International Rally I'll be attending this summer.

I agree more information sharing is always better and always more helpful in most cases versus the dealer or manufacturer. The question is how do we get them here? Some seem entrenched in the other forums. I am actually surprised we don’t have more newmar owners here but we all know NIRVC is very active on the other forum so that probably keeps them there. Just a guess. Obviously once confronted and ordered to prison by the admins over there, they come over. The other question I would ask is why do certain “well known”Newmar owners stay there and they have ids here but hardly come by. I am not naming names but you all know who I am talking about.
I do see the NIRVC factor, however the ratio of Newmar vs Tiffen and Entegra seems very disproportionate.
It seems like the others have more of a FaceBook presence.

Some of the face book groups are so locked down that all posts have to be approved before they are public. Way to much effort 😬

I'm a member of the Newmar Ventana FB group and will often post a link to RVF for problem-solving. Hopefully, some of those who follow the link will eventually become RVF members.

Forums alive prior to the days of social media gained their membership and content which helps with search engines. Some are still using software from that era which has many issues including security IMHO. This is why I wanted to start something on a modern platform for those that enjoy forums. Forums are better for searchability and content management where platforms like Facebook are a "waterfall" of data. Notice how many questions are repeated over and over. Whatever your preference, use it.

I know Newmar was the most active over there for some time, many are here now and I appreciate that. As was mentioned in another thread there are typically about a dozen at any given time, even over there, that are typically the active posters. Many, and I mean MANY are just watching to learn and don't post. Maybe they're afraid, maybe they find no need to, but they are watching and learning. I think Newmar peeps here and in other groups just congregate among friends, enjoy sharing their mods, new coaches, orders, look for help on specials which Newmar offers and others don't, etc.

Some exciting new stuff coming in the road ahead for this platform. It's a great system. Glad all are here and hope you keep bringing more to join the RVF family.

I'm a member of the Newmar Ventana FB group and will often post a link to RVF for problem-solving. Hopefully, some of those who follow the link will eventually become RVF members.
You bring up a thought, FB tends to drill down to model within the brand like your Ventana group, I have been on a London Aire group and Cornerstone group along with model specific SXS CanAm group. Maybe this makes new owners more comfortable, Neal can sub groups exist?

Latest resources

Back