This rare 2006 Ford E-350 Econoline Chateau Super Duty Diesel is a high capacity tow vehicle that can drag your trailer, your gang, and a heap of supplies on your next road trip. Diesel fuel economy plus a 35-gallon tank gives incredible range. I bought it in 2012 from a NJ resident, and it spent the next 9 years in the Philly suburbs. It is barely broken-in with only 82,677 miles. This well-mannered beast is offered with most service records, a clean Carfax, and clean PA title.
- Cold start video: [ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SvPB9On4U_0 ]
- Pictures, Carfax: [ E-350 Tow Monster ]
- 6.0 intercooled turbo diesel with 570 Ft-Lb of torque (when new)
- 5R110W Transmission (5 Speed Hi/Torque), Auxiliary Trans Cooler
- 3.55 limited slip differential, 4-wheel disk brakes
- Heavy Duty Towing Package with extendable mirrors and trailer brake control
- 10,000 pound maximum loaded trailer weight (Ford towing guide)
- “Extra Heavy Duty” Alternator, 110v engine block heater
- To match the van’s size, Ford installed front QUART holders, not cup holders.
Overall, the truck looks great. It was repainted in the Fall to fix dings/scratches, remove the factory two-tone, and repair a shallow Darlington stripe from suburban traffic. As shown in the accompanying pictures, the driver-side repair is not concours but sound and hardly noticeable. Underside mechanicals have surface rust, but body panels are solid and show minimal corrosion. I installed the following:
- Hellwig anti-sway bars and aftermarket 17” wheels with Michelin 265x70 LT tires.
- The original 16” wheels now wear studded snow tires. Combining studs with a limited slip rear makes this a helluva Winter driver.
- A Pioneer double-DIN receiver (AVH-X3500BHS) powers four 6x8 Infinity Kappa speakers with separate tweeters. The head unit has Bluetooth and a microphone.
- A back-up camera is mounted in the bumper, directly above the hitch. This is a blessing in parking lots and when hooking trailers.
- Glass Euro H4 headlights are a huge improvement over Ford’s original offerings, especially since they are wired directly to the main power supply using separate relays. LED reverse lights provide more backup light at night.
- Shocks are original. Fresh ones would be a good idea.
- Muffler is original. A new cat-back exhaust will be needed within the next year.