• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Alert “Heat dome” blistering the West!

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Dang @TJ&LadyDi i didn’t realize you were down an AC as well. If things get rough enough, I’ve made a poor man’s AC before with a 5-gallon bucket full of ice, a box fan placed over the top of the bucket blowing inside of it, and four 1” holes drilled into the top of the bucket with about 1” of 1” PVC pipe coming out of it.
It ain’t pretty but it help cool a small small space.

33E539F5-44C8-4B6A-8E50-107F08EC5EC4.jpeg

Are you at Guaranty?
Yep; Guaranty RV Park! Power has come and gone several times today. We’ve been on the generator for several hours, so we’re fine. I think they have a bad breaker in the main panel as I’m seeing an odd difference in leg voltage at the pedestal; 114V and 120. Usually, legs are with a volt or two IME.

The SilverLeaf panel says the outside temperature right now is 114 degrees. Don’t know where the sensor is located for that, so maybe the heat from the generator is influencing it. Whatever it is, it is HOT. The cold Black Butte Porter in my hand is helping, however. ;)

TJ

Dang @TJ&LadyDi i didn’t realize you were down an AC as well. If things get rough enough, I’ve made a poor man’s AC before with a 5-gallon bucket full of ice, a box fan placed over the top of the bucket blowing inside of it, and four 1” holes drilled into the top of the bucket with about 1” of 1” PVC pipe coming out of it.
It ain’t pretty but it help cool a small small space.

View attachment 7572

wow. That is pretty cool. Lol :) See what I did there? Pretty cool. Lol. :).

Ahem. I’ll see myself out.

Power is out at the RV park again and we’re on the 12.5KW Onan. It was off-and-on 2-3 times yesterday when it was 104 degrees; today its 111 degrees. This is the first outage today, but I don’t expect it to be the last.

A number of people have left the park, so the load should be down some. I think they have a failing breaker, but the two ”park hosts” didn’t seem interested in hearing about it. When they tell me I have to turn off my generator because of park rules, we’ll have a more serious discussion about it. :rolleyes:

TJ

They won’t tell you to turn off your GEN and probably can’t hear it as it’s a great one. I’m sure your GEN is happy to get a good exercise. Don’t sweat it (pun intended).

I just checked Yakima and Hood River weather as it’s supposed to be 115 Monday/Tuesday. What is going on???

Climate Change Weather GIF by INTO ACTION

I just checked Yakima and Hood River weather as it’s supposed to be 115 Monday/Tuesday. What is going on???

Don’t bother coming north. In the interior of B.C. pretty much every city is breaking records right now and the temperature is rising. 45 C for us on Tuesday and Wednesday. And summer is just starting.

There’s a massive “heat dome” hovering over the Pacific Northwest and we’re breaking all-time heat records daily. I’ve lived on the West Coast almost all of my life (except for stints overseas in the military) and I’ve never seen it this hot out here. The SilverLeaf panel says the outside temperature is 116 degrees! :oops: We’re staying cool enough inside thanks to the generator, though I wish my third AC was working. Maybe tomorrow they’ll be able to fix it at the Premier RV Services shop.

I was just outside a few minutes ago to check on the power situation and it was like standing behind an A10 on takeoff. It will peel the hide right off of you.

TJ
Don’t bother coming north. In the interior of B.C. pretty much every city is breaking records right now and the temperature is rising. 45 C for us on Tuesday and Wednesday. And summer is just starting.
We couldn’t get there anyway with the border being closed. Hang in there; we’ll all get through this!

TJ

There’s a massive “heat dome” hovering over the Pacific Northwest and we’re breaking all-time heat records daily. I’ve lived on the West Coast almost all of my life (except for stints overseas in the military) and I’ve never seen it this hot out here. The SilverLeaf panel says the outside temperature is 116 degrees! :oops: We’re staying cool enough inside thanks to the generator, though I wish my third AC was working. Maybe tomorrow they’ll be able to fix it at the Premier RV Services shop.

I was just outside a few minutes ago to check on the power situation and it was like standing behind an A10 on takeoff. It will peel the hide right off of you.

TJ

We couldn’t get there anyway with the border being closed. Hang in there; we’ll all get through this!

TJ

Yep. Give it a week or two. BC hydro is reporting record consumption. Local governments are opening up cool down centres. All planned outages for maintenance are delayed. Interesting times. We rarely get outages here but our home critical loads UPS (fridge and entertainment centre) will carry us for a day or two if need be. After that It’s the propane generator For a couple hours a day. Hopefully it won’t come to that.

Latest resources

Back