• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
2 things.
Dash radio not turning on.
Washer not pumping
I apologize for questioning the obvious. You do not say if this unit is new to you or have you owned it for a while. If it is new to you: Have you checked switches? Our coach has a power off switch for the stereo that we used to use when it was being stored. It turns off full power so that it would no longer hold a memory including shutting off the clock. It may be that the switch has been turned off. Same with the water pump. We have multiple switches but all have a LED to let us know the circuit has been energized. If theae are not your problem then next to check are fuses. If these too are not the problem then the next test required a multi meter or test light to determine where the power supply problem exists.

Safe travels

Darrell

I apologize for questioning the obvious. You do not say if this unit is new to you or have you owned it for a while. If it is new to you: Have you checked switches? Our coach has a power off switch for the stereo that we used to use when it was being stored. It turns off full power so that it would no longer hold a memory including shutting off the clock. It may be that the switch has been turned off. Same with the water pump. We have multiple switches but all have a LED to let us know the circuit has been energized. If theae are not your problem then next to check are fuses. If these too are not the problem then the next test required a multi meter or test light to determine where the power supply problem exists.

Safe travels

Darrell

Hello. Sorry yes I am a new owner and first time for a class A.
My 2nd question was in regards to the windshield washer. Nothing is happening.

Hello. Sorry yes I am a new owner and first time for a class A.
My 2nd question was in regards to the windshield washer. Nothing is happening.
Looking back at your original post it is pretty obvious that you were referring to the windshield washer pump. I apologize.

Have you checked for the stereo off switch? The washer pump issue could be a fuse, switch broken wire or a worn out pump motor. It should be easy to check using a multimeter or test light. I would check the fuse first.

Darrell

Thanks much. I have checked dash radio fuse, (gooddash radio switch,(indicator light does not illuminate, fuse is good. We thought the radio was bad a got a replacement but nothing.
In the engine compartment, outside, there is a fuse box but I wasn’t able to open it. Perhaps the fuses I’m looking for both issues is there.
I will first use the multimeter

Latest resources

Back