• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Chinook52

RVF Newbee
Hello Forum,
I'm Chinook 52, and I just purchased on line with photos only a1978 Chinook, Omega. It has 53,000 miles, and it looks like it just came off the Dealership's, Showroom floor.
This RV is in immaculate condition, and at 45yrs old, as long as I take good care of it, while using it, and being a Classic, it should hold it's value well. Although I didn't buy it to sell it, I bought it to fill a part of my Bucket List. The Chinook has been admired by me since the Seventies. I was looking for a small RV, and when I saw this 78 Chinook online? Wow, it's one of those things in my head that said? That's it! That's the one! Unfortunately these guys wouldn't come down at all on the price.
For whatever it's worth, after 30 plus yrs living in Hawaii, I left 4yrs ago to come to Florida to be a caregiver to my mother at 93yrs young. Well.... (Bless Her Heart) My mother at 96yrs passed, and I now want to go back to Hawaii. I have a couple of spots picked out to park on Oahu's North Shore. There are other islands to hang out on as well, filling part of my Bucket List. You see? It was all meant to be, Just my Dog and Me. This Hippy Hasn't been this Happy since Wood Stock!

Being part of a Forum is new for me. I am open for any feedback on the 70's Chinook, please Let me know.

Attachments

• 1978 Chinook Driver (1).jpg
    1978 Chinook Driver (1).jpg
    103.9 KB · Views: 58
  • 1978 Chinook front (2).jpg
    1978 Chinook front (2).jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 58
  • 1978 Chinook rear.jpg
    1978 Chinook rear.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 59
  • 1978 Chinook Interior.JPG
    1978 Chinook Interior.JPG
    207.2 KB · Views: 59
  • 1978 Chinook TV and sink (1).jpg
    1978 Chinook TV and sink (1).jpg
    107.6 KB · Views: 59
  • 1978 Chinook microwave (1).jpg
    1978 Chinook microwave (1).jpg
    102.4 KB · Views: 59
  • 1978 Chinook driver compartment.jpg
    1978 Chinook driver compartment.jpg
    116 KB · Views: 59
  • 1978 Chinook Pass.jpg
    1978 Chinook Pass.jpg
    102.6 KB · Views: 62
I'll be ready to leave Florida in about 3 to 6 months. Going to start making my way back to Hawaii. Next week, I'll be flying to Maine with my service dog Buddy, to pick-up, my pick-up. Then drive the Chinook to Florida, taking my time, stopping in NJ, to see Family, a friend in NC. Along with a few stops here and there to see some sites and take about a week to get back. (Good Fun!)
When I get back to Florida, the Plan is to sell everything. I don't want to own nothing. When totally liquidated. I will leave Florida to start RVing around for about a month, only to wind up in California. Ready to ship the Chinook to Hawaii. I have been planning this for a while as part of my bucket list. I finally will have a home on the beach, with and option to Island Hop!
Just me and my Best Friend, Buddy

This being a topick from almost 2 years ago, I sure would like to know how this worked out for the woodstock hippie.
2753.png

Latest resources

Back