USMCCPL

RVF Regular
RV Year
RV Make
Damon
RV Model
Challenger
RV Length
Hello all does anyone know the location of the battery disconnect switch for the house batteries? Nothing works in the house at all if i am not plugged in or on generator. I have a house battery but I can not find the disconnect switch.

Someone please advise... new batteries, all fuses are good. So what am I missing?

Not familiar with your exact coach, but it’s usually just inside the door to the coach; round, kinda like a stove knob.

I did some poking around the internet and found a few clues that may be helpful. Do you see anything resembling a switch on the left side of the dash that is labeled either “Guest” or “Use” “Store”? If you do, that is your disconnect switch.

There is also the possibility of a manual switch located near the batteries. It would have a heavy cable going directly from the battery posirtive (+) terminal to the switch. Don't know if your coach has this, but it would be worth a look.

TJ

Ok i found it the top of the switch was missing and the the orange base was so dirty it blended into the carpet. It was beside the drivers seat on the floor mixed in with all the hydraulic leveling jack stuff...

Thank you all for your assistance.

Next question in 1994 did the put lp detectors in the coaches? I found two co detectors and a smoke detector. Where would you hide an lp detector?

Last edited:
LP detectors are generally at floor level (LP is heavier than air) and in close proximity to the kitchen. I'm not familiar with your specific coach, but we had an LP detector in a 5th wheel from that era.

TJ

Ok guys need help again... three switches inside door... left switch outside porch lights... middle switch turns on inside ceiling light. Right switch does anyone have any idea? It lights up but nothing turns on that i am aware of.
Resized_20200710_120136.jpg

I'm guessing, by the grouping, that it is also a light switch of some sort. Outside security light, perhaps?

One of the problems is that the bulb or fuse could be burned out or missing, making it harder to track down. Have you noticed any lights in the coach, or outside, that do NOT turn on with the other switches (and, not with just these three)?

If you have (or can find) a wiring schematic/diagram for the coach, you might also be able to track it down that way.

Good luck.

Oh...and were you able to locate the LP detector?

TJ

Latest resources

Back