Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

mike&flea

RVF Newbee
My wife and I just bought a 1996 Fleetwood Bounder and have found that it doesn't like to be filled at a "normal" speed. It takes almost two hours to fill half of the tank (approximately a 65 gallon tank). Is this common and is there a fix/solution to this problem? I also need to have the engine's A/C unit repaired or replaced. Because the RV is a 1996, can the A/C Freon that is currently sold, be used in this model? Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you all for your time and consideration.

Should be 134a. Not the newest on the market, but much cheaper!

Look for a dip in the filler neck(hose). That dip is working like a 'P' trap. You might also check the vent to be sure it's clear.

Should be 134a. Not the newest on the market, but much cheaper!

Look for a dip in the filler neck(hose). That dip is working like a 'P' trap. You might also check the vent to be sure it's clear.
Good Morning and thank you for the reply. i will look for the "p" trap situation and see about getting it resolved (if that is what it is). I will also look into making sure the vent is clear.

You mentioned a 134a...is that referencing the motors A/C?

Good Morning and thank you for the reply. i will look for the "p" trap situation and see about getting it resolved (if that is what it is). I will also look into making sure the vent is clear.

You mentioned a 134a...is that referencing the motors A/C?
Yes,the refrigerant

If your Bounder is on the F53 chassis, the fuel fill tube from the rear should be almost a straight run angled down to the tank fixed between the frame rails. There's baffles in the fill tube to prevent back flow and siphoning which might be blocked or damaged. An endoscope type camera would soon reveal the issue. My '95 F53 Bounder had a 75 gallon tank.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back