Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

RussellT

RVF Regular
I'm about to buy this 5th wheel to live in full time in New England. I know I'll need tank heaters, hose heaters, and skirting for this upcoming winter. I'm guessing some additional heat sources for the inside as well. I'm planning on renting a 100 lb propane tank to save trips back and forth refilling the smaller tanks that come with the trailer. What else am I going to need? I can keep me warm enough I want to make sure I can keep the systems warm enough.

I would suggest a couple of space heaters (make sure they have tip over protection) an electric mattress cover on the bed and rugs on the floor. You can also make insulation covers for the windows.

Space heaters prevent the furnace from running and warming the underbelly. You must get heat down there to prevent freeze ups. A GOOD skirting and a space heater under the rig is really nice.

In addition to, tank heaters wont help the pipes in between. Another thing people mention is bright lights to keep mice, rats, and other critters away. A 100 watt incandescent bulb puts out more heat then light.

Latest resources

Back