• Commercial/Vendors welcome

1st time ever 5’er and first time here

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Like I said..... small world!! Kinda nice to be able to talk with someone familiar with the area!

Ok gang!! Anyone got tips for essential gotta have things? For setup or take down? Any tips or routines to help? Any tried or true tips or oh god don’t do that!!

When I had my 5th wheel I used these to level the trailer since I did not have an auto leveling system. Made the work quick and easy.
23E79A7D-1D1F-4118-9C85-768DC8E72381.jpeg

Last edited:
Just watched a video on the level mate pro device? 130 bucks works with your smart phone. Anyone had an experience with this gadget? Of is old school the way to go? As bunny(aka Amy) will be outside dealing with the level as I move the truck.

Just watched a video on the level mate pro device? 130 bucks works with your smart phone. Anyone had an experience with this gadget? Of is old school the way to go? As bunny(aka Amy) will be outside dealing with the level as I move the truck.
That’s what we did is just use a level as I rolled on to them.

My buddy uses 2x6 sections to lvl his. I like the Anderson ones I’ve seen in videos 20 bucks in wood or 120 bucks for Anderson’s system.? The LEGO blocks seem good for stabilizing jacks but again like to keep it uncluttered and not fill up camper with gadgets

My buddy uses 2x6 sections to lvl his. I like the Anderson ones I’ve seen in videos 20 bucks in wood or 120 bucks for Anderson’s system.? The LEGO blocks seem good for stabilizing jacks but again like to keep it uncluttered and not fill up camper with gadgets
I didn’t by the sensors, I just bought what was shown. I think total cost was $90.00. Save a lot of room for storage.

I installed the large ball level on the front of the 5th wheel hitch for side to side and my wife uses the level app on smart phone for front to back as I'm backing onto planks. Half old school, half new.

I use wood if available, or the Lynx Levelers. I don't worry about front to back until I have unhooked.

Latest resources

Back