Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Dangifiknow

RVF Newbee
Hi everyone, we just returned from our first camping trip in our new Grand Design Imagine and experienced a couple of issues. The first one was with the Jensen (model jwm452) radio. It was working at home the last time I tried it but upon arrival to the campground it would not power up with either the remote or the power button on the radio itself. The only thing it displays is the time.
The 2nd issue was with the Furrion digital thermostat. Seems to work fine with the A/C
Cycling to maintain the set temperature but when switched to heat it just continues to run regardless of the temp. setting. I had to turn it off manually at the thermostat to stop it. Is it something I’m doing wrong?
Thanks in advance for any input and suggestions

Hi everyone, we just returned from our first camping trip in our new Grand Design Imagine and experienced a couple of issues. The first one was with the Jensen (model jwm452) radio. It was working at home the last time I tried it but upon arrival to the campground it would not power up with either the remote or the power button on the radio itself. The only thing it displays is the time.
The 2nd issue was with the Furrion digital thermostat. Seems to work fine with the A/C
Cycling to maintain the set temperature but when switched to heat it just continues to run regardless of the temp. setting. I had to turn it off manually at the thermostat to stop it. Is it something I’m doing wrong?
Thanks in advance for any input and suggestions
Probably need to set the fan on the thermostat to AUTO. That way if follows the furnace or the AC as needed.

Welcome. For the radio, you might need a hard reboot. cycle the 12 VDC power to the rig and let it reboot. see if that helps.

Welcome. For the radio, you might need a hard reboot. cycle the 12 VDC power to the rig and let it reboot. see if that helps.
To "cycle the 12VDC" you may need to pull and replace the fuse, located in the power distribution panel, for the radio. Tive it 5 to 10 seconds before replacing the fuse. Or if there is a master battery switch, turn it off for a few seconds, and then back on. Chances are the processor in the radio got confused with the result of a short power interruption. Normal for things like this and doesn't sound serious.

I'm jumping into a pretty old thread but I just joined this forum yesterday.
We had this exact same problem in our 2970RL. Bedroom got up to 87 degrees one night before I manually shut it off.
Much research revealed that the temperature sensor that tells the furnace when to shut off is actually tucked up inside the ceiling blower outlet. Because of this it senses more outside air than interior trailer air and thus just keeps running.
Solution is to remove the cover, find the well labelled sensor, poke a small hole in the mesh liner, and pull the sensor down through this hole so it protrudes into the interior airspace, and then replace the cover.
My trailer is winterized but I can get in and take some pictures if that would help.

I'm jumping into a pretty old thread but I just joined this forum yesterday.
We had this exact same problem in our 2970RL. Bedroom got up to 87 degrees one night before I manually shut it off.
Much research revealed that the temperature sensor that tells the furnace when to shut off is actually tucked up inside the ceiling blower outlet. Because of this it senses more outside air than interior trailer air and thus just keeps running.
Solution is to remove the cover, find the well labelled sensor, poke a small hole in the mesh liner, and pull the sensor down through this hole so it protrudes into the interior airspace, and then replace the cover.
My trailer is winterized but I can get in and take some pictures if that would help.
Thank you Dr. Doolittle. I’ll definitely look for this sensor and give it a try.

Latest resources

Back