• Commercial/Vendors welcome

2003 La Palma 36' WDD CCC weight?

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Thinking of buying a 2003 La Palma 36'. Not sure of CCC. Could it possibly be only 700# ? On a Ford. Don't know if I am in the right club, or should I be asking this in the Monaco club? Thanks.

No matter where you post it shows up in new or recent posts so you should get an answer. I am not familiar with ccc.

No matter where you post it shows up in new or recent posts so you should get an answer. I am not familiar with ccc.
Thank you for your reply. CCC is the carrying capacity for your "stuff" after; people weight,fluids etc. I think in newer motorhomes they may call it OCC (meaning with occupants). The label for another similar 2003 LaPalma that I saw on line, had only 500# ccc. That is rediculous thinking about clothes, groceries, outside grill, tools etc. etc. Me think, lol, this coach is too long and too heavy(made well) at 36' for the Ford F-53. If this is all we can put in one, 500# without being overweight, think we must look for a shorter one.

I have thought that what ccc? Has been to low, but then flashy sells.

I have thought that what ccc? Has been to low, but then flashy sells.
Not to us. Imagine a 37'(actually not 36') 2 slide, MH that can only carry 500# (correction to my previous poundage) of personal gear?? How does the RV industry get by with this? It is buyer beware, even when buying used & old, lol. Who wants all the problems with a coach having 75K miles that has always, but always been overloaded? What mechanical problems might that create besides, transmission, brakes (never mind just those two prices things are enough.

Not to us. Imagine a 37'(actually not 36') 2 slide, MH that can only carry 500# (correction to my previous poundage) of personal gear?? How does the RV industry get by with this? It is buyer beware, even when buying used & old, lol. Who wants all the problems with a coach having 75K miles that has always, but always been overloaded? What mechanical problems might that create besides, transmission, brakes (never mind just those two prices things are enough.
You have put one large wack on the nail head!
There are several reasons I won't have slides.
I won't have a MH.
I buy used trailers.

For the most part is I don't want to complicate my life.
I want luggage capacity.

How to accomplish this depends on your pocket book, mine is small. So roughly 500lbs(guesstimate) per slide, reduces luggage by . . . Not to mention the failure rate of slides. ( don't argue! Failure rate when considering no slides is, well, over 100%).

I can gut what I don't want, and keep what I do.

I don't have the worry about how overload that trailer has been.

Inspection for flaws by a professional is not needed.

When I am through, I can travel with the difference.

I know! Having something that is you is not everyones dream.

Latest resources

Back