• Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Retired

RVF VIP
Fulltimer
No
I found a 2003 3781, low miles, workhorse chassis, 1 owner, full body paint, seller claims no issues, looks to be in mint condition.

NADA says $19,500 which seems really low for that quality of coach, I see a bunch of lower quality coaches with asking prices of 30k +.

Coach is on consignment for $22,500. If it is as nice as in the pics and everything works, I have no issue with that price.

The W-22 chassis is almost maxed out on a coach that size but all I need is a toothbrush and a spoon.

Opinions?

Attachments

• MountainAire.jpg
    MountainAire.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 12
I found a 2003 3781, low miles, workhorse chassis, 1 owner, full body paint, seller claims no issues, looks to be in mint condition.

NADA says $19,500 which seems really low for that quality of coach, I see a bunch of lower quality coaches with asking prices of 30k +.

Coach is on consignment for $22,500. If it is as nice as in the pics and everything works, I have no issue with that price.

The W-22 chassis is almost maxed out on a coach that size but all I need is a toothbrush and a spoon.

Opinions?
A motor home is worth as much as someone is willing to pay for it. Price doesn't sound that bad to me, especially with the way motor homes are flying off the lot these days. Keep in mind that older coaches are going to require a bit more maintenance as all the parts are, well, older.

I bought my first Class A about 3 years ago, a 2004 36' Windsport. I really loved that motor home and spent about a year "remodeling" it. When I was finished, it was very nice, both inside and out. But no matter how nice the motor home looked, everything was still 16 years old, and I was forever fixing something here or there.

But to be honest, the newer ones have issues as well, so if your handy with your tools, and the motor and tranny are in good shape, it's probably not a bad starter couch. Be careful though, tires are only good for about 5-6 years, no matter how good they look. And a new set will cost you about $3K. And your goinna want to trick it out a bit, so there's another $3k-$4K. Check the roof for leaks, a coach that old is goinna have had leaks, but if they were taken care of, then it should be OK. Problem's occur when the leak isn't fixed right away and the water gets into the walls and rots the wood.

Anyhow, you get where I'm coming from. A $22K coach can turn into a $30K coach in a very short amount of time. And when you go to sell it, that money seldom comes back to you. But if you're going to keep it, then the expenditure is probably justifiable.

I paid $20K for my 2004 Windsport with 46,000 miles on the Ford V10. I put $7K into it and sold it a year later for $23,500. Obviously didn't make money on it but we had some great times in it. I would probably still have it but I live in the mountains and the V10 (with 5 speed) just didn't install confidence going up, and more importantly, coming down the grades. I now have a diesel with engine brake and the grades don't bother me.

Good luck and let us know what you decide!

I texted the seller to tell him I was on the way, cash in hand as we had agreed.

He texted back SOLD this AM.

Back to square 1.

I texted the seller to tell him I was on the way, cash in hand as we had agreed.

He texted back SOLD this AM.

Back to square 1.
What? Well that sucks. But I've learned, everything happens for a reason.

Im bummed, that was a nice coach. 2nd time Ive lost out because Im not local to the seller.
I understand, it sucks. But something better will come along. This one just wasn't meant to be. Believe me, there are LOT's of motor homes for sale out there. This wasn't the only one.

Nice coaches are selling fast, Im betting dealers are sucking them up as well, then sticking a big markup.

They are selling so far, I have to make a split second decision. The last 3 I was serious about sold in less than 24 hours. Not enough time for me to get to it and certainly not enough time to arrange for an inspection.

Tomorrow Im going to hang out at the FMCA Convention and spend the day watching the uber wealthy spend their cash.

Latest resources

Back