Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Armysandy

RVF Newbee
My vehicle was running great when I started to back into my driveway. Suddenly it slowed right down to a slow creep. Its been at the garage now for ten days. They replaced the throttle control module and then the entire throttle control without solving the issue. The tech seems stuck.
Anyone with a Ford ever seen this??

OP give us feedback once you fix the issues, never had a problem with 20 year old unit bought new, did a lot of maintenance myself. I can use your information for future issues.

OP give us feedback once you fix the issues, never had a problem with 20 year old unit bought new, did a lot of maintenance myself. I can use your information for future issues.
It turned out to be the throttle housing was the problem. They replaced the throttle sensor first with a new one which did not work. Then they replaced the throttle housing, using the new sensor but still did not work. On a hunch, the mechanic installed the old sensor in the new housing and it worked. CONCLUSION … Bad throttle housing and compatibility issue between new sensor and old housing. As reported by garage”

Latest resources

Back