Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Smitty

RVF Newbee
In the past I've had a 2004 Bus and a 2005 Open Road, and a few 5th wheels. Now I'm looking at purchasing a 2007 QSP on the Spartan chassis. The curb side bedroom slide has what appears to be a scissors mechanism in the wall instead of a lower slide. When the slide is open there is about a 3" gap between the slide and the wall. To the right of the slide on the back wall is the cabinet for a washer/dryer. The prior owner did not have them. When opening the left door on the cabinet, it will not go out to a full 90 degrees before it hits the crown moulding on the top of the slide. How do I get the washer/dryer in the space, and even if it would go in, it would be very difficult to open the washer/dryers doors. Can the slide be adjusted to go out another inch or so? I talked to one Tiffin tech and he said each coach is ordered differently and this may be the way it is. Just wondering if anyone else has come across this situation.
I'm considering I might have to take the doors off and convert them to a bifold with piano hinges that open out and fold to the front of the closet. Any info appreciated. Thanks.
Washer Dryer Access.jpg
right in

Latest resources

Back