• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

mconnell61

RVF Newbee
Hello,

This is my first post on this wonderful forum and I am hoping that some of the friendly and adept members can help me out with an issue I am having right now.

I have a 2008 Fleetwood Wilderness Scout RV travel trailer.

Lately, my two batteries have not been charging properly. I did a battery test and they are showing 10.46 volts on the battery tester.

My heater will not stay on and it makes a chirping sound when I turn it on.
I am not sure if the charger in my RV is bad or if the batteries are bad.

I need to test the charger to see if it is working properly but I CANNOT FIND IT! I have looked behind the breaker/fuse panel that is located under the fridge. I removed the square panels inside the bathroom and outside the bathroom. I have removed the panel near the floor where the liquor cabinet (the one with glass panel doors) is located. I cannot find it.

Based on what I have described above do you think it is a bad charger or bad batteries?

Also, can you PLEASE tell me where the charger is located on a 2008 Fleetwood Wilderness Scout RV travel trailer?

Thank you!

Welcome to RVforums from Ely, Iowa How old are the batteries? If they were charging in the past then it may be time for new. 10.46 amps is a dead battery. You could put an external charger on the batteries to see if they charge that way and then see if they hold a charge. Not very common for a charger to go bad but they do. I am not familiar with our travel trailer.

Welcome to RVforums from Ely, Iowa How old are the batteries? If they were charging in the past then it may be time for new. 10.46 amps is a dead battery. You could put an external charger on the batteries to see if they charge that way and then see if they hold a charge. Not very common for a charger to go bad but they do. I am not familiar with our travel trailer.
Thank you for your response Ely.

The batteries are about 4 years old. When the trailer is not on the road I have it hooked up to municipal AC power on my property continuously because I use it as an extra living space. This means the batteries are constantly being charged when hooked up.

The municipal AC power was plugged in when I started noticing this problem with low voltage in the trailer. After I tested the batteries I attached a battery charger to them and now the low voltage problem is gone. The heater works fine and the low voltage indicator does not light up or chirp when I turn it on. This leads me to believe that the problem is with the charger in my trailer, not the batteries.

Now, I just need to find where the charger is located in this 2008 Fleetwood Wilderness Scout travel trailer.

If anyone knows where it might be I would really appreciate the information.

Latest resources

Back