• Commercial/Vendors welcome

2015 thro axis

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
First, welcome to RVF @Bjvh; glad to have you here with us.

Then, as to the cab AC noise, are you sure it is the blower? A loose or worn compressor belt can cause a horrendous squeal. Since your coach has the engine in the front, the noise can appear to come from the blower. The first thing I would do is to check the belt(s).

TJ

First, welcome to RVF @Bjvh; glad to have you here with us.

Then, as to the cab AC noise, are you sure it is the blower? A loose or worn compressor belt can cause a horrendous squeal. Since your coach has the engine in the front, the noise can appear to come from the blower. The first thing I would do is to check the belt(s).

TJ
Can you tell me where to get into dash to check out out

Can you tell me where to get into dash to check out out
I'm not very familiar with your specific coach, but the AC compressor will be located in the engine compartment. On the Ford chassis, I think that means pulling up the "doghouse" (engine compartment cover) located between the driver and passenger seats. If there's a way to open the front of the engine compartment from the outside, that might be an alternative.

You might want to talk to the service folks at a Thor dealer to see if they can point you to the best access. On this particular chassis, it probably isn't going to be a simple job. You might want to have a qualified RV seervice shop check this problem out for you.

TJ

Latest resources

Back