Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Havasu

RVF Newbee
We are trying to improve the ride on our rig, heard Komi shocks work well, also wanted to know if anyone has installed rear air bags on this model

Before you go replacing shocks and trying to install air bags, get your coach weighed first on CAT scale at any Truck Stop. If you can find one weight your four corners individually. Then look up your tire manufacturer PSI for your size tire and WEIGHT. When I picked up my 2019 Tiffin Open Road 32SA they had the tire pressure set to over 105 PSI on all tires. After I got my coach weighed, I ran 85 PSI in my rear duels and 90 PSI in my fronts. It made a very big difference in riding comfort.

Sumo springs all the way around will help stabilize the coach from rolling from side to side. You mention adding air bags, I hear it could be done but BIG BUCKS. If you have the money Liquid Springs will give you the best ride, again big bucks about 18 to $20K for front and back installation.

HH

Headhunter is correct about 4 corner weight vs tire pressure. Our 2019 32SA came with over a 100 psi all around. Now running 88 psi all around and it also came with Sumo,s. Improved ride, but still rolled, swayed, porpoises and beat you to death on the hiway. We ended up replacing shocks, sway bars, adding rear trac bar and saf-t-steer. Totally different vehicle. Cost about half of what Liquid Springs run.

Latest resources

Back