Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Tony Vecchio

RVF Newbee
We own a 2018 Newmar BayStar motor home with an outdoor kitchen that we cannot get the out door refrigerator to work when dry camping. We have a refrigerator inverter that operates the indoor refrigerator by not the outdoor refrigerator. I have contacted the BayStar tech services has told me that both refrigerators should work on the refrigerator Inverter. Well
It doesn’t can anybody tell me how I can get my out door refrigerator to work while dry camping without running the generator or being plugged into shore power?

Is your refrigerator plugged into a receptacle that is connected to the inverter? Not all receptacles are. Your outdoor refrigerator may have gotten plugged into the wrong receptacle.

You might also check for a hidden GFCI outlet that is tripped. Newmar has a habit of hiding GFCIs in strange places. Check inside bathroom cabinets and in storage bays.

TJ

As Jim indicates, pull the plug and check the circuit. If there is power there, the issue is with the Fridge. If no power, start hunting. Again, Jim is spot on there are multiple GFCI receptacles and potentially a circuit breaker that could be holding you out.

If you don't have a meter, plug a lamp into that receptacle and see if it lights.

Latest resources

Back