Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

PJR

RVF Regular
My dash climate control unit stopped working. Nothing works, no fan speeds, no a/c, no heat, etc. After having it checked by a Jayco RV dealer, who told me it was a Ford issue, then having it hoked up to a computer at the Ford shop and finding that everything this is working on their end and being told the system's Control Panel must have gone bad, as they could override the Control Panel and run the system with all components working just fine, I contacted Jayco. Jayco informed me that that particular part was manufactured by Pro Air, formally Evans, and that company is no longer in business. I was told they no longer have that part available and I would have to try and find it from a third party vendor. I requested the Jayco part number and the manufacturer's part number. I was told the part was titled: AC Control Panel and the Jayco Part number was: 0265484, and the manufacturer part number was: RV213845. Next, I called several Jayco dealers only to learn I was out of luck, as they don't have that part and can not get it as the company is no longer in business. So, I then starting searching on he internet. As a result, I came across several companies (VisOne, Mill Supply, Inc., Johnny's Radiator and More, Acmeparts.com, and FindItParts) that deal in used and or hard to find vehicle AC and or RV parts. FindItParts told me they don't have this part, tow other companies had me send them pictures of the panel and will get back to me, and the other two I left a message for and I'm waiting for their return call.

It is very frustrating that Jayco does not provide any assistance in finding this part, and I assume any part, when a manufacturer goes out of business. Especially when a their product is only 3 years old.

Can anyone out their on this forum help be secure this needed part?

Did you ever find this control? Having the same issue as you on my Entegra

Drew,

No, I have not found one yet. Lazydays RV in Wildwood, FL ordered the part. It took about 3 weeks to arrive and it was the wrong part. What I learned is there is at least 2 versions of the control panel where the front of the panel, the part you see and use with the 3 dials and 2 push buttons, both look the same, but the back of the panel where the wires connect are very different. The back of mine has about 7 different wiring/connections points, each with 2 or more wires. The other one, which is the one Lazydays ordered, has two multi wire plugs for its wiring connection.

I'm holding off having this unit installed as I'm told they don't know if they can configure the existing wiring harness to make up these two multi wiring connections and if not they would have to get a new wiring harness specific to this unit with the 2 multi wire plugs/connectors, along with getting the new wiring harness routed to the ac/heat and electrical components.

I'm working on trying to find a used/salvaged control panel just like the one I have so I can just install it myself as the wiring and connections would be exactly the same, so it would be a plug and play.

My suggestion to you is, open up the area where your control panel is located and look at the back of the control panel. If you are lucky it will have the two multi wire connectors. If that is the case, it should not be hard to order one and put it in yourself, as I've seen quite a few of those available and the wiring hookup will be pretty easy. Note: There may be 1 or 2 other wire connections besides the 2 multi wire connectors on the back of the unit.

I hope this helps you out and good luck to you.

PJR

Drew,

No, I have not found one yet. Lazydays RV in Wildwood, FL ordered the part. It took about 3 weeks to arrive and it was the wrong part. What I learned is there is at least 2 versions of the control panel where the front of the panel, the part you see and use with the 3 dials and 2 push buttons, both look the same, but the back of the panel where the wires connect are very different. The back of mine has about 7 different wiring/connections points, each with 2 or more wires. The other one, which is the one Lazydays ordered, has two multi wire plugs for its wiring connection.

I'm holding off having this unit installed as I'm told they don't know if they can configure the existing wiring harness to make up these two multi wiring connections and if not they would have to get a new wiring harness specific to this unit with the 2 multi wire plugs/connectors, along with getting the new wiring harness routed to the ac/heat and electrical components.

I'm working on trying to find a used/salvaged control panel just like the one I have so I can just install it myself as the wiring and connections would be exactly the same, so it would be a plug and play.

My suggestion to you is, open up the area where your control panel is located and look at the back of the control panel. If you are lucky it will have the two multi wire connectors. If that is the case, it should not be hard to order one and put it in yourself, as I've seen quite a few of those available and the wiring hookup will be pretty easy. Note: There may be 1 or 2 other wire connections besides the 2 multi wire connectors on the back of the unit.

I hope this helps you out and good luck to you.

PJR
I will do that, thank you for the information. Good luck in your search

Latest resources

Back