Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

mobster

RVF Regular
Ok, this seems like a very weird problem to me, but I guess a lot of requests for help here are considered weird by the posters! Anyway, the hose input for the blackwater tank flush on my 2020 Leprechaun 220 QB has the normal caution to open the "fullway termination valve" before flushing. On other parts of this forum, I verified that this is their way of saying "pull the blackwater tank drain blade" before flushing...I get it. So I pull the drain blade, hook up the hose and turn it on....then ...nothing. No flushing of tank or water going in anywhere. I check inside and outside the motorhome to see if the water is flowing in or out anywhere. Nothing. So I have tried this "flush" process over and over with the same nothing happening. I tried "snaking" the inlet and the snake seemed to go all the way to the tank with no obstruction (key word = "seemed"). Now, I know I can just put a hose down the toilet and flush the tank but this is a new motorhome for me (2020 - but 17,000 miles on it - used) and I am trying to make sure all "systems" work as intended. If anyone knows of a valve or system or whatever that must be turned on to make this work I would appreciate the help. Weird problem....

The flush system is pretty simple. Goes from the inlet to the vacuum breaker and then to the flush sprayer at the tank. The vacuum breaker is typically under the bathroom sink. They typically fail open rather than sealed closed, but it might be a place to start to see if the VB is working and that there is not a blockage between the inlet and VB. If that is all clear and the VB is working, test from the VB outlet to the tank to see if there is a blockage there.

The flush system is pretty simple. Goes from the inlet to the vacuum breaker and then to the flush sprayer at the tank. The vacuum breaker is typically under the bathroom sink. They typically fail open rather than sealed closed, but it might be a place to start to see if the VB is working and that there is not a blockage between the inlet and VB. If that is all clear and the VB is working, test from the VB outlet to the tank to see if there is a blockage there.
A "vacuum breaker"? What is that? What would I look for? Is it an electrical breaker switch? (Thanks for this info...I did not know about any vacuum breaker) I was thinking that the flush system was even simpler than that given that this is a pretty small rv motorhome with small tanks. You know, water goes in hose inlet, into black tank, comes out blackwater drain. If you can tell me more about what physical item I am looking for that would be great!

I found a black plastic thing under the bathroom sink. Now I am not sure what to do. If I clobber it with a rubber hammer will that unstick it? Or do I have to replace it? Do they have a standard part with the same threads? Thanks for the info. I am not sure of my next steps.

Latest resources

Back