Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest RV Community on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, review campgrounds
  • Get the most out of the RV Lifestyle
  • Invite everyone to RVForums.com and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome

2021 Adrenaline 21LT Garage/Toy Parking area ?

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

LakeArrowEd

RVF Newbee
RV Year
RV Make
Coachmen
RV Model
Adrenaline 21LT
RV Length
TOW/TOAD
Toy: BMS Stallion 600 4x4 EFI side by side with a dump bed.
Fulltimer
No
We will be picking up our first travel trailer/toy hauler in the next two weeks. No dealer prep confirmation yet. Its a 2021 Adrenaline 21 LT. I’m trying to determine if we’ve got the vertical clearance in the garage area with the hijac bed in the up position. I’m getting conflicting info from vids, manufacturer and dealer. The utv is 119Lx62Wx75H. The factory rep just told me that the bed AND wall sofas have to travel in a horizontal position, couches stacked below bed. That makes no sense at all to me because it robs you of a ton of headroom and the factory vid on this unit makes numerous claims about how cavernous the garage is for just about any 4seater side by side or lifted full size golf cart. I read and see pics of it on the manufacturer website showing the couches in a verticle, flat against the wall position and this position being referred to as the stowing position. Isn‘t that the traveling position? I’m new to this so just trying to get it straight in my head and plan for whats coming. Any info from those in the know would be appreciated. Thanks.

Looking at the trailer online, it looks like your sales rep is slightly confuzzled.......... Everything I could see shows the couches stored in the vertical position, but doesn't show the dimension you are looking for. BTW, Welcome!

Looking at the trailer online, it looks like your sales rep is slightly confuzzled.......... Everything I could see shows the couches stored in the vertical position, but doesn't show the dimension you are looking for. BTW, Welcome!
Thanks Gronk. I‘ve got all of the needed actual measurements and the manufacturing rep threw a wrench into my works when he said that about the couches and how they have to ride flat horizontally while towing. I think maybe too many tequila’s on Sunday night caused him to say that on Monday morning... I have plenty of power tools and torches/cutters if things need a little coaxing. ? I’ll make it fit and work right. Looking forward to this whole toy hauler and off road exploring thing. We’re close to the Mojave Desert so there is plenty to see. Thanks for the welcome and enjoy.

I suspect the caution about the couches traveling in the horizontal position is simply to avoid having them drop down when unattended and break the hinges. If necessary, I would think it would be fairly easy to build a fail-safe latching mechanism to keep them from dropping down. Even a simple crossbar between the two couches looks like it would give you adequate room under it for the toys.

It certainly doesn't make much sense to build a toy hauler and then make the space unusable with fold-up couches that have to travel in the down position. I would be inclined to call the folks at the Coachmen factory and get the straight information. I think I would also be telling the selling dealer that if I can't use the toy hauler space for hauling toys, I'll find a unit that will. I wouldn't take delivery until it is confirmed that you can use the trailer in a way that meets your needs.

Good luck.

TJ

Thanks TJ. I appreciate your comments.
Shakedown update: So we drove out to AZ., did a 2 hour orientation, we asked a bunch of very specific questions about this and that and for the most part received good answers in return. We then had the tech fill our Fresh water tank, button everything up on the TH and off we drove on the I-10 West towards Quartzite for some Dry Camping at Dome Rock. Two nights later and we are delighted! Jenn and I have had a blast solving issues in between beautiful sunsets and sunrises. Great meals and cups of coffee. I’m glad we did a ton or research before jumping in to this thing. It all came in handy. Our biggest challenge was the Lippert Happijac bed/couches lift. Here’s why. The tech, GOD bless him for being so nice and thorough, knew nothing of the new Happijac system. In fact, we discovered to our chagrin that ours came assembled incorrectly! The new lift will retain the guest bed pressed up high, against the ceiling, via a locking 4 locking clips that bolt to the track. Then the couches can be lowered and stowed against the wall or in other configurations. Very cool. Our problem was 3 of our clips were in a drawer and the other was lodged in a track not even bolted in. So in your oruentation ask about “spare parts” lesson learned, spare parts and bolts in a drawer is not a good thing when doing a walk through. I should have inspected every cubby, locker, drawer, cabinet at the dealership.
through videos, lots of discussion, grunting, sweating and a little cussing we figured it out and our Happijack now works perfect and all parts are installed as should be. Sucess! More on the trip home later. We’re heading back today. Time fir breakfast. Peace.

You care to tell us the dealer you bought from? Glad you are having fun

Latest resources

Back