Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

george9100

RVF Newbee
my wife and i are new to rving and tring to make a wise decision on the purchase of this RV regarding gas milage. the ewest saleman told us being it was the newest engine by ford - the 7.3 that it was more economical. can someone please give us an estimate on how many miles you will get per gallon driving at 65 miles per hour.

my wife and i are new to rving and tring to make a wise decision on the purchase of this RV regarding gas milage. the ewest saleman told us being it was the newest engine by ford - the 7.3 that it was more economical. can someone please give us an estimate on how many miles you will get per gallon driving at 65 miles per hour.
Can't help you with an RV, but I have the 7.3 L in a Ford SuperDuty, 10,000 lbs and I pulled a 10,000 lb trailer from Phoenix to east coast and back again in July. I got a total mpg of 9.9. Don't know if that is the same as you are looking at, but maybe it helps a little.

Hello,

We have a 2021 Nexus Triumph 30T with the 7.3L engine. If you keep it at 65mph or under, you should average about 8.5 mpg. This is based on summer driving with the A/C running. Of course your mileage may vary depending on many factors such as weight and elevation change of each trip.

Last edited:
Rule of thumb for most of these is 6-10 mpg. The flatter the ground and 65 mph and under, and the lower the weight, the higher the mileage.

i thank you all for your feed back. i think i will look into something a we bit smaller , maybe a diesel as i want to be able to get at least 15 mpg

Latest resources

Back