Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

jmrv0707

RVF Newbee
After owning a pop-up camper for 4 years me and my wife are going to upgrade to something a little bigger. We have two travel trailers in mind at our local dealers one is a 2021 Sonic sn190 VR or a brand new 2023 Starcraft 182rb we like them both for different reasons. We're kind of tied on buying either one of them but our main concern is the longevity of either one of these campers we plan on keeping it for over 10 years possibly close to 20. Can anyone give me a clear winner which one would last longer that would be a great help on making our minds up?

Good morning. Just a quick look but it seems the Sonic has much larger tanks and also a much higher cargo carrying capacity. It just depends on how much those things matter to you. It does not take long to fill up small black and gray tanks.
As for longevity, quality does count on the front end. BUT, care by the owner is a huge thing. Not doing regular maintenance, not checking seals and gaskets, not keeping critters out, not storing properly and out of the weather when not in use, not winterizing properly (if you are in that area), not using a good hitch system and many more things can turn even the "best" units into junk really fast. Unit longevity can really be helped with some simple time and effort.
Let us know how we can help.
Thank you,
Ken

Latest resources

Back