Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Jlasagna

RVF Newbee
Has anyone purchased the new 2021 Compass or Gemini AWD with the 3.5 Ford EcoBoost turbo. I was wondering what you think of it.
Thanks John

Be careful! Not trying to knock another product, but I will say this; "Do your research before buying a Thor product"!
Check out Thor RV groups & pages! Some good reviews, but a lot of product & warranty issues, get a lot of "less than stellar" reviews!
Proceed armed with the best information you can obtain, & move forward with your eyes wide open!
That said, Best of Luck in your RV shopping & finding just the right RV for wants & needs !

Has anyone purchased the new 2021 Compass or Gemini AWD with the 3.5 Ford EcoBoost turbo. I was wondering what you think of it.
Thanks John
I purchased a 2021 Thor Compass TE model with Eco Turbo Ford 3.5L 310 hp 400 ft-lbs torque unit weight 11,000 lbs
drove over California Mountains to San Diego [ from Scottsdale, AZ ) no problem going 75-80 mph gas mileage avg 12.9 mpg
Very positive on Ford Transit chassis - drives beautifully , smooth, great visibility and warnings...................Cabin could have used a better delivery check
due to rattles, catches, just some cabin tuneups, and minor mods - appliances worked great -

Thanks John
I have one and love it - but wife is having back issues and we want to sell it - 2086 miles as delivered, now 3300 better than new with warranty cosmetics being attended to now in Mesa AZ need reasonable offer parts on order for cabin - ford eco turbo awd is great and economical 13-14 mpg over mountains - to one trip we took in March drives like a luxury suv [email protected]

Thanks John
picked ours up in texas (jan 6 2021) gas. it merges on freeway faster than my toyota van with 3.5 v6. drove it from texas to california in winter conditions and winds. NO PROBLEMS. TEXAS 80MPH posted speed limit! 10.5 mpg. calif. 55-65mph now average 12mpg BEST mpg 13.5 on calif coast hwy1, 15-40mph mix uphill/ downhill winding 200miles. very happy with THOR/FORD engineering combo on this package 5500 miles so far! oil service/ filter change at ford dealership in flagstaff AZ. only $54. lower maint. cost than diesel, thats GREAT! 2021 COMPASS AWD TW GAS

Ford has had some issues with the 3.5 EcoBoost, but seemed to have fixed the major issues with the second gen engine. When it comes time for any maintenance, please use Ford OEM parts. There has been a rash of problems with crappy aftermarket engine parts.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back