Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

benmartinez2

RVF Newbee
I'm trying to connect a second satellite receiver in the bedroom of a 2022 Dutch Star 4369. The connections in the bedroom have a cat 6 cable labeled satellite, coax labeled LVRM and another coax labeled secondary. The cat 6 is connected to a HDMI adapter and then the adapter is connected to the HDMI wall outlet. I can view the same channels that are on the other TVs. I connected the receiver to both coax connection but I didn't get any satellite reception. I do have connection between the receiver and TV. I'm getting an error message on the TV stating that I have a cable issue between the receiver and satellite. Any suggestions?

what sat provider?

for Dish network you also have to have their access point for a remote/second receiver if it is wireless.

if it is wired, then you need to have the correct SOLO NODE (Amazon.com) to split the signal from the dish.

Dish to Solo Node, 1 NODE out connection to each receiver:

1689197447282.png

It is Dish. I have two coax cables going into the RV on the roof. I found the splitter and there are two coax cables leaving the splitter (out) and one in.

We just set ours up with Dish. We have the traveler pro antenna.

We put the hopper 3 in the living area, wireless access point connected to that. Then we put a wireless Joey in the bedroom as well as outside.

The setup takes all the confusing wiring they do with the network cables etc out of play.

It is Dish. I have two coax cables going into the RV on the roof. I found the splitter and there are two coax cables leaving the splitter (out) and one in.

should be 2 cables from the dish to the Node, and then 2 from the NODE, one to each TV (room).

if there is only 1 from the dish to the node, then that is the issue, the dish only has a single node for one TV in it. the only option here is to have the same show on both TVs as you have already seen.

I am presuming this is the RV Dish and not a house dish correct?

if it is the dish network playmaker, it has to be the DUAL unit, if it is not, it can only provide signal to a single TV, as it only has one transceiver in it. (if it is the tailgater unit, it has to be the pro, the standard only has a single output)

as DennisT noted and I mentioned above, for a single node dish to have multiple TVs you will need to have the dish wireless access point and the wireless joey devices. if you have the wired, it won't work without the correct dish with dual nodes.

We just set ours up with Dish. We have the traveler pro antenna.

We put the hopper 3 in the living area, wireless access point connected to that. Then we put a wireless Joey in the bedroom as well as outside.

The setup takes all the confusing wiring they do with the network cables etc out of play.
you mean the tailgater pro right?

oh, just looked it up, third party unit from a company called Winegard. not directly from DISH.

I have the playmaker dual, came with the used travel trainer I purchased. Dish was nice enough to allow me to move my home account to the mobile device (since it is their provided equipment) since I had 14 months left on my home contract.

Yes, Winegard made ours as well. The traveler pro allowed us to use the hopper 3 as the main receiver.

@benmartinez2 I also have a 22 Dutchstar with Trav'ler antenna & Dish service. I'm using 2 Wally receivers, one in living room & one in rear bedroom and we can watch different channels on each TV. You / We have a hybrid LNA so the SKDPHPI is needed to allow wach receiver to get the Sat signal.

Attachments

• Antenna Receiver interface equipment.pdf
    779.2 KB · Views: 9

Latest resources

Back