• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Golferdave78

RVF Regular
I have a 2022 LA.
upon attempting to start, I step on the brake, push ignition, light circle around ignition flashes green 3 times, indicating no connector to FOB
It has been looked at by Newmar
All basics have been checked
FOB batteries
replaced brake actuator switch, ignition itself, ignition antenna, TriMark box.
I am told that this problem is not uncommon and was hoping that someone else had this issue and found out what caused it.
Newmar and Spartan are stumped.
thanks in advance

I have the same problem in my 2019 London Aire. The reciever for the remote is burried way down in the dash. I went in the dash via the big cover on top and pulled it up to the top of the dash and zip tied it there. It did help some but where it really helped is using the remote to lock/unlock the doors or basement.

On the ignition, I have gotten into the habit of using the butt of the key to push the ignition button and that fixes the issue.

If you didn't know, using the butt of the key is the emergency procedure you use if the remote battery is dead or the air tanks are empty.

same issues on 2020 Mountain Aire - Freightliner - 20-30% of the time with either key fob.
using the key to press the button always works.

@Golferdave78 ... did you ever get this resolved? I am having the exact same issue on my 2022 Mountain Aire.

FLSteve
FLSteve,
Yes, we did get it resolved.
Come to find out there are 2 antennas that work to connect Key FOB to ignition.
1.the first is around the ignition button, that was working.
2. There is an antenna that is plugged into the Trimark box that is underneath the dash panel just in front of the steering wheel. That antenna was defective and replaced. Problem solved.
Hope that helps!!!!

Latest resources

Back