Chassis
ford e450
Engine
7.3 ford v8
TOW/TOAD
gmc sierra denali
Fulltimer
No
I purchased a 2022 Coachman leprechaun 319mb in September 2022. On our first trip and each trip since while driving the tire pressure warning will come on periodically and the pressure on the rear wheels shows zero. Also the trac system and hillside assist systems show warning and the cruise control stops working. It seems to reset its self after parking the coach. Ford doesn't seem to have a clue and because the fault warning doesn't stay on, there is no fault code retained in the CPU system

Fault codes are in permanent memory.
No codes would indicate loss of power to the computer.
I would blame a bad connection, not a short.
If Ford has no clue, it tells you how competent Ford service is, because even a shade tree mechanic like myself can tell you what to look for.

On our second trip in our 2021 ( 2 years ago) in our Concord we had some codes as you mentioned as well as the check engine light. Turned out a wire harness came loose and fell on the belt burning wires. It took the tech a bit to find but a quick fix after. Something to look for I guess. On an E 450 chassis.

On our second trip in our 2021 ( 2 years ago) in our Concord we had some codes as you mentioned as well as the check engine light. Turned out a wire harness came loose and fell on the belt burning wires. It took the tech a bit to find but a quick fix after. Something to look for I guess. On an E 450 chassis.
thanks. Interesting when googling recalls for ford e-450 a recall shows with #20S13 which describes a wiring harness which rubs on frame and overheats, however, Ford doesn't recognize it on their recall Ford site. Same symptoms as my coach

That sounds like a warrantable repair. I'd get/borrow code reader (some auto parts places will do it for free) and verify that there are no stored coded in the ECU. If there are, then take that info back to Ford and tell them to fix it.

If they refuse, find an independent shop to fix it... you can either just eat the cost or try to get it back from Ford.

I wouldn't feel comfortable driving with that problem, if it gets worse you could easily be stranded.

I found that a good investment is to purchased a ODB Code Reader. I use mine just before we go depart just to keep on top of things. Luckily no issues yet..

thanks. Interesting when googling recalls for ford e-450 a recall shows with #20S13 which describes a wiring harness which rubs on frame and overheats, however, Ford doesn't recognize it on their recall Ford site. Same symptoms as my coach
My work was cover by the Ford warranty

Latest resources

Back