Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

RCR

RVF Newbee
We are the proud owners of a 2023 Renegade Vienna 25 VRMC. It's a great and well built machine and we are generally very happy with it. However there are two very irritating design flaws. Firstly, the kitchen sink is piped to the black tank. The only things going to the grey tank are the bathroom vanity and shower. Obviously this means the black tank gets filled up very quickly, Has anyone found a solution to this?
Secondly is the ONAN 3200 HDZAA-6508F Diesel Generator. It is very difficult to start, and takes several tries before it will continue to run. Research has indicated that it has something to do with the way the fuel line from the main diesel tank has been installed. This theory was borne out by the dealer who piped it temporarily from a new raw fuel tank. It worked 100% every time. Of course, this meant the Cummins Dealer effectively washed his hands of it since there was nothing wrong with the generator. Has anyone experienced this and found a solution? P.S. I did have the software upgrade carried out.
Thank you.

We are the proud owners of a 2023 Renegade Vienna 25 VRMC. It's a great and well built machine and we are generally very happy with it. However there are two very irritating design flaws. Firstly, the kitchen sink is piped to the black tank. The only things going to the grey tank are the bathroom vanity and shower. Obviously this means the black tank gets filled up very quickly, Has anyone found a solution to this?
Secondly is the ONAN 3200 HDZAA-6508F Diesel Generator. It is very difficult to start, and takes several tries before it will continue to run. Research has indicated that it has something to do with the way the fuel line from the main diesel tank has been installed. This theory was borne out by the dealer who piped it temporarily from a new raw fuel tank. It worked 100% every time. Of course, this meant the Cummins Dealer effectively washed his hands of it since there was nothing wrong with the generator. Has anyone experienced this and found a solution? P.S. I did have the software upgrade carried out.
Thank you.
I have the same year and model and just took mine to the Cummins dealer for them to service it. Mine was doing the same thing as you described and I also had a diesel fuel leak. After after they ran some diagnostics, they elected to replace it. Just got it back today and starts right up, runs much quieter.

I have the same year and model and just took mine to the Cummins dealer for them to service it. Mine was doing the same thing as you described and I also had a diesel fuel leak. After after they ran some diagnostics, they elected to replace it. Just got it back today and starts right up, runs much quieter.
Thanks so much for your reply. When I did the same thing, the dealer said the software fix would do it, and for a short time it seemed to, but it soon went back to its old habits. Please let me know if yours continues to work well after a few months.

On the topic of the kitchen sink going to the black - typically the challenge with most RVs is the grey tank will fill up much faster than the black.
I don’t have any experience with the Vienna (only a different Renegade model) so I can’t suggest ways to try routing piping differently.

Latest resources

Back