RV Length
17 ft
Chassis
The one that comes with it
TOW/TOAD
2022 Toyota 4 Runner
Fulltimer
No
New to rving so still learning. We have a 2023 Coleman Lantern 17B travel trailer. My inquiry has to do with using an adapter from 50amp shore power to 30amp in our trailer.
Is it safe for long term ( week or so) continuous use? Or is it more for short time to work in side with the ac on?
Thanks

Use it as long as you like. No worries. You still only get 30 amps. Those adapters allow you to use a 50amp source but they are designed to only use one hot leg from the 50 amp source, so you still get 30amp service.

There are also adapters on the market with two plugs that allow you to plug in to both a 30amp and 20amp outlets at the same time, the theory being that you now have 50amps available. I bought one and it just tripped the breaker so from my personal experience, they don’t work. I really didn’t think it would but bought one to find out.

This is the one I tested, sold on Amazon by Blackhorse Racing, that did not work:
C9119EAC-01FA-43B1-AF0D-76D3AE70036D.jpeg

Use it as long as you like. No worries. You still only get 30 amps.
Thanks
Ok that was pretty much what I was thinking just wanted to make sure. Hate to burn it up in the first month. 😁

Thanks again
Eddies

Thanks
Ok that was pretty much what I was thinking just wanted to make sure. Hate to burn it up in the first month. 😁

Thanks again
Eddies
yes that would be embarrassing 😳

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back