• Commercial/Vendors welcome

3D printers

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Trying to determine what makes a good first time 3D Printer.

reading reviews helps some but no idea about what’s important

looking at this one
13C4370F-6181-48BC-8EFE-C408A2F8AA76.jpeg

My first printer was the FlashForge Creator Pro. Was a good starter printer but I wasted money. I should have gone straight to the Prusa i3 MK3. I can only recommend what I know, that is:

If you go Prusa do not get the MMU2S (multi-material) add-on. I regret this every time I use this printer. The joy of the original setup is missed.

This looks like a great choice. Made in EU too!!!

Question, do I just down load the Fusion design into the printer software?

You need to export from any CAD tool used to a .STL file. Prusa has its "slicer" software which uses the .STL file and you go from there. Again, steep learning curve getting through this process, YouTube is your friend. If you order your printer from Prusa also get filament, theirs is the absolute best. ABS, PLA, PETG are good starters.

FYI @Neal ...I recently had to replace my entire Hotend Assembly due to a nasty clog...not the first time. Because of this, I always keep an assembly on hand. In the past I've purchased this:

As I went to purchase a replacement assembly, this popped up:
The price was just $15.55 (vs $53.57)

Although it is not an exact duplicate, they claim it is compatible with the MK3 and it appears like it could work (with some creativity)...even if it doesn't it does include several extra pieces that will be handy to have on hand. I'll let you know how it works out.

Latest resources

Back