Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

CINPHIL

RVF Newbee
Hello. We are the new owners of a 2008 Monaco 40PDQ and reside in Albuquerque. Is there anyone in the local area that can answer a few questions on the coach? This is our first motorhome and, as a "newby", there are a number of things we aren't sure about as it is a bit overwhelming! Thanks in advance.

We have a 2006 Holiday Rambler Ambassador 40 PDQ. Monaco built our coach so I bet they are almost identical. Maybe I could answer a few questions?

That is so nice. Most of my questions have been answered by those we have met in the RV parks that we went to on the drive back to New Mexico from Calif. The only one, that had different answers, was if the engine alternator charges both sets of batteries--house and chassis. Everyone says the chassis, and I agree, but the house is a mixed bag. What are your thoughts? Again, your note was very nice! Take care.

That is so nice. Most of my questions have been answered by those we have met in the RV parks that we went to on the drive back to New Mexico from Calif. The only one, that had different answers, was if the engine alternator charges both sets of batteries--house and chassis. Everyone says the chassis, and I agree, but the house is a mixed bag. What are your thoughts? Again, your note was very nice! Take care.
From what I've read the alternator is supposed to charge the house batteries as well as the chassis batteries.

Thank you. One other "odd" question. The coach was bought from a dealer in Calif and had no licence plates. The standard threaded bolts that come with a new license plate frame won't thread into the nut that is permanently attached to the coach. Any idea what size the correct bold would be? I can't believe it would be metric. I guess it is good that I am asking such trival questions!! Thanks.

Thank you. One other "odd" question. The coach was bought from a dealer in Calif and had no licence plates. The standard threaded bolts that come with a new license plate frame won't thread into the nut that is permanently attached to the coach. Any idea what size the correct bold would be? I can't believe it would be metric. I guess it is good that I am asking such trival questions!! Thanks.
I'd bet the license plate frame bolts were metric. Most are made outside the USA. (China) The nuts on the coach are probably SAE. Go to Ace hardware. They have a million nuts and bolts. You'll be able to find something that will work.

I'd bet the license plate frame bolts were metric. Most are made outside the USA. (China) The nuts on the coach are probably SAE. Go to Ace hardware. They have a million nuts and bolts. You'll be able to find something that will work.
Probably right! I’m guessing M5-1.0 or M6-1.0 metric.

TJ

I just took ownership of a 40pdq and I can not locate the switch for the ceiling light over the sink can anyone help

I just took ownership of a 40pdq and I can not locate the switch for the ceiling light over the sink can anyone help
Our 2006 Holiday Rambler Ambassador 40 PDQ has the light switch for the flourescent light over the sink on the side of the light fixture itself.

There is a light switch on the front of the lower cabinets beside the sink that turns on the lights on both ends of the skylight in the kitchen.

Hope this helps!

Our 2006 Holiday Rambler Ambassador 40 PDQ has the light switch for the flourescent light over the sink on the side of the light fixture itself.

There is a light switch on the front of the lower cabinets beside the sink that turns on the lights on both ends of the skylight in the kitchen.

Hope this helps!
Found it thanks... felt kind of foolish looking for that little switch!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back