Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

RussellT

RVF Regular
I have decided on a used 5th wheel RV. If I go online to find someone to move it, it's kind of a nightmare. A ton of replies from all unknown people promising me the world. I'm just trying to move it about 50 miles from Western Ma to central CT. Is there a service that people are familiar with or maybe a better source than a google search?

Have you tried calling a local dealer for a recommendation? All the RVs they sell need to be towed in there one way or another. Several dealers have a fleet of retired guys that can tow units for hire.

This part added 9-21-23. Good dealers use insured and experienced drivers. No reputable dealer will just throw a driver on the road with new inventory without proper liability and over the road insurance. Often times the part time driver is even using a dealership vehicle.
Ken

Last edited:
I have decided on a used 5th wheel RV. If I go online to find someone to move it, it's kind of a nightmare. A ton of replies from all unknown people promising me the world. I'm just trying to move it about 50 miles from Western Ma to central CT. Is there a service that people are familiar with or maybe a better source than a google search?
You might just want to contact a towing company. I doubt private people that will tow for a few bucks have insurance to cover any damages that might happen to your trailer.

Darrell

I think I'd be very interested in finding someone through a dealer too, someone that had verified insurance. The problem is you'll only be paying the person ~$40/hr but add to that ~$2.00/mile for what could easily be a $90K truck burning 4x price per gallon fuel. Then the insurance which I would imagine could be amortized to a couple dollars or more per loaded mile. It won't seem like a good deal but it will be better than some random person fouling up your camper without insurance.

Latest resources

Back