Chassis
Freightliner XCR
Engine
Cummins 400 HP
TOW/TOAD
2017 Chevy Colorado
Fulltimer
No
In my continued "around the world" at RVForums.com clubs next up is American Coach.

I've admired these when I see them in campgrounds and shows such as I saw at FMCA in 2018 and these are high on my list of motorhomes. Comparing to what I know and all that I know, Newmar:

The top of the line is the Eagle:

This seems to compare in interior style with Newmar's King Aire but around $600K less at MSRP than the current 2021 King Aire. Nice large frig at 23 cuft, more floor, i.e. no carpet, rounded cabinetry which looks modern (Dream below does not have this), a large kitchen sink and what appears to be very high quality upholstery in this model and what I saw in the Dream below. Floor plans look typical of most motorhomes. 56 degree wheel cut, lithium batteries are an option, auto headlights, floor heating, 220V appliances, a lot of items that are standard that Newmar allows you to option in, and also comes with under glow LED lighting. Price appears in the area of a Newmar London Aire.

Their mid line per their site looks like more traditional in cabinetry but overall looks very nice as well with nice upholstery and furniture, pricing is closer to a Mountain Aire I presume.

The revolution is 3rd tier of the 3 but looks very nice as well, slightly lower price than the Dream still in the low 500's. Looks like fabric for upholstery but overall good looking as well and a nice computer control of the coach in a presentation that looks superior to Newmar's silverleaf setup.

Class B's also offered but I did not review.

I can verify only that the 2017 Revolution IS very nice, very livable. All the amenities in our 42G floorplan... which includes the L-shaped couch and corner big screen-over-fireplace and recliner arrangement. This floorplan cuts the bedroom and main bath space a bit. But we do our living in the ... LIVING ROOM, and not those other two functional but a bit cramped rooms. Closet and cabinet space is also a bit more limited since we use our dinette-table/chairs area as an office with office-related items stored over and under, and not the typical kitchen and cooking items.

But we wouldn't trade this on ANYTHING.

Attachments

• 20201114_142345.jpg
    20201114_142345.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 24
  • 42G Floorplan.jpg
    42G Floorplan.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 26
We had the Tradition. 40Foot. We bought it new in 2000. Extremely well made coach. Just sold it in Dec for 48K in perfect shape. Bought a Newmar King Aire.

Latest resources

Back