A possibly too long introduction

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Hi Roxy ! Welcome!

When I decided to sell my house and buy a coach, I did all my research online and pretty much made my mind up prior to ever stepping foot in an RV. Then I went to the Tampa Supershow and went directly to the coaches I had determined would be a good fit for me to check them out. There were 2 things that stood out for me as I researched, so I thought I'd pass them along to you: (1) Buy your first RV as if it was your THIRD. (2) You will not be driving your RV all the time, so make sure it is something you feel comfortable in and has all the the comforts you find necessary in your new home.

Wishing you lots of luck. I can tell you that in the 3 years that I have been Fulltiming, I have been having the time of my life. Traveling beautiful places has been amazing, but the thing I cherish most is the community and the friendships that I have made along the way.

Renee

Thanks for the welcome and advice, Renee. I couldn't tell you the amount of hours I have spent online over the past 5+ years reading and looking at RV stuff!

Since I am already up in years, I expect this RV to be my first, third, fifth, lol! And I am certainly looking forward to the new sights I see and new people I meet!

Roxi

Looks like an excellent way to get some good RV information. Others on RVF might find it useful as well; thanks for posting the link.

TJ

...I went to the Tampa Supershow and went directly to the coaches I had determined would be a good fit for me to check them out.

Renee

Hey Renee,

I made a major step last night on my way to RVing. A friend told me Southwest Airlines was having some good deals and encouraged me to check it out. I looked to see if there were going to be any big RV shows in the not too distant future and at a place easy for me to get to. I found the Southwest RV Supershow in Dallas scheduled for September 17-20. I was able to get a round trip flight from Albuquerque to Dallas Love Field for under $160. I am really excited. I'm flying in just for the day. I'll get to Dallas around 8:30 am and head back home around 5:30 pm. The show runs that first day from 10 am-6 pm. That will be plenty of time for me to check out my "A" list of motorhomes. Fingers crossed the show doesn't get cancelled.

Roxi

I live in the Dallas area, and it’s a pretty good show. Dallas Market Hall where the show is held is only about 15 minutes from Love Field. National Indoor RV will no doubt be there. When we started looking for our first coach, we thought we wanted a class C, and really liked the Forest River coaches...they are all on Ford Chassis. Apparently, Chevy had stopped making the RV chassis. We ultimately decided on a 27’ gas class A Coachmen with more room. NIRVC carries the Forest River class C’s. Check out the floor plans before you go, and ask for Stephanie Lopez from NIRVC; she’s great.

Hey Renee,

I made a major step last night on my way to RVing. A friend told me Southwest Airlines was having some good deals and encouraged me to check it out. I looked to see if there were going to be any big RV shows in the not too distant future and at a place easy for me to get to. I found the Southwest RV Supershow in Dallas scheduled for September 17-20. I was able to get a round trip flight from Albuquerque to Dallas Love Field for under $160. I am really excited. I'm flying in just for the day. I'll get to Dallas around 8:30 am and head back home around 5:30 pm. The show runs that first day from 10 am-6 pm. That will be plenty of time for me to check out my "A" list of motorhomes. Fingers crossed the show doesn't get cancelled.

Roxi
YAY YOU! That's really exciting! Keep us posted!?

Hello Roxi and Welcome to RVForums. Wonderful to have you with us.

I looked up the Coachmen Freelander 22XG and it sure looked sweet to me. I can't imagine you wouldn't be happy with it.

One of our local dealers got in a Freelander 22XG so I got to see it today. So glad I got to check it out in person. Now I can scratch one more off my "A" list. When the bed is down it is supported on full wall-length "boxes." That ruins my idea for a remodel. If the bed is up or if I were to remove the bed, the open floor space is only as wide as the back door. But, the real deal breaker is a lack of exterior/basement storage. There is one little space that MIGHT fit a few hoses but that's it. And inside storage is not that great either. I realize it is a small motorhome, but...

Where should I write more about other ones I am looking at, pros and cons, etc.? I looked at the "Class C" forum but there are only about 5 posts there. I'm thinking I should be posting somewhere other than "New Member" area.

Thanks,
Roxi

One of our local dealers got in a Freelander 22XG so I got to see it today. So glad I got to check it out in person. Now I can scratch one more off my "A" list. When the bed is down it is supported on full wall-length "boxes." That ruins my idea for a remodel. If the bed is up or if I were to remove the bed, the open floor space is only as wide as the back door. But, the real deal breaker is a lack of exterior/basement storage. There is one little space that MIGHT fit a few hoses but that's it. And inside storage is not that great either. I realize it is a small motorhome, but...

Where should I write more about other ones I am looking at, pros and cons, etc.? I looked at the "Class C" forum but there are only about 5 posts there. I'm thinking I should be posting somewhere other than "New Member" area.

Thanks,
Roxi

Glad you got to see in person, it helps. I think your on the right track posting in Class C

Latest resources

Back