RV Year
RV Make
Cedar creek
RV Model
338RK
RV Length
Fulltimer
Yes
Check the water connection hoses to the kitchen sink. In our 2021 388RK they used cheap plastic (like aquarium tubing) covered with a light nylon mesh, that is crimped onto a hose barb fitting. Hot water line has ruptured twice, flooding the unit! First time it simply blew off. I cut the crimped fitting off and hose clamped it back in place. Second time the hose itself simply blew out. Final repair was to cut the end off a SS armored hose and clamp it on the hose barb. Only other option would be to replace the faucet with one that takes screw on fittings. This thing was built on a Friday afternoon by drunken monkeys!

Check the water connection hoses to the kitchen sink. In our 2021 388RK they used cheap plastic (like aquarium tubing) covered with a light nylon mesh, that is crimped onto a hose barb fitting. Hot water line has ruptured twice, flooding the unit! First time it simply blew off. I cut the crimped fitting off and hose clamped it back in place. Second time the hose itself simply blew out. Final repair was to cut the end off a SS armored hose and clamp it on the hose barb. Only other option would be to replace the faucet with one that takes screw on fittings. This thing was built on a Friday afternoon by drunken monkeys!
My 311RL did the same thing so I replaced it with a new one.

Reminded of the quote from Armageddon:

"You know we're sitting on four million pounds of fuel, one nuclear weapon and a thing that has 270,000 moving parts built by the lowest bidder."

My 311RL did the same thing so I replaced it with a new one.
This just happened to me! Luckily I was there when it happened and heard the rush of the water. I turn off the water supply in a hurry and quickly dried it up. Thank you for this post, you saved me from a hugeheadache. Headed to the hardware store to grab the stainless steel supply lines. I may as well change them all as this could have been a total catastrophe. Amazing that a $10 part can ruin a 100k Rv!

Attachments

• 20230425_122014.jpg
    20230425_122014.jpg
    936.1 KB · Views: 9
  • 20230425_122003.jpg
    20230425_122003.jpg
    909.2 KB · Views: 8
  • 20230425_112057.jpg
    20230425_112057.jpg
    897.8 KB · Views: 9
  • 20230425_102643.jpg
    20230425_102643.jpg