• Commercial/Vendors welcome

About to retire in FL

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Hi, were about to retire and are considering all our options here in FL. We have a nice home on a creek in a secluded neighborhood but the area is becoming too crowded and full of homeless and they have started wandering around here. We like the idea of RVing but also want a homebase like a smaller home or Barndo.

Welcome. We are considering selling our home and full timing a few years.

Here in Florida there are many challenges to home ownership. The new HOA law has become a nightmare for existing responsible HOA Boards. As a Board member, maintaining a nice clean attractive community has taken a very large step back.
On the Condo front, Hugh assessment are now the norm after years of neglected maintenance.
Then there is insurance costs.
If you plan to move instate be careful.

That said, if you are considering full time, I’d travel a bit before the decision To go full time. Full time might be too much for some.

There is an option like Aztec in Ft Lauderdale. Small home at a very nice RV Resort. In my opinion it is the best of both worlds.

Good luck

Joe,
We lived in Ft Lauderdale for 30+ years before moving 200 miles North.
Now I cringe if I have to drive back there. Nothing to do with Aztec resort. Just the whole area has turned into a mad house. Not a place to retire in my opinion. Just an opinion :).
TGO is a lower key, but we like it.

Joe,
We lived in Ft Lauderdale for 30+ years before moving 200 miles North.
Now I cringe if I have to drive back there. Nothing to do with Aztec resort. Just the whole area has turned into a mad house. Not a place to retire in my opinion. Just an opinion :).
TGO is a lower key, but we like it.
Completely understand. Aztec was mentioned because they have an ideal setup, layout and organization.
We agree that the area is way too busy for us as well. We are north as well.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back