RV Model
Vacationer 35K
RV Length
Chassis
Ford
Engine
TOW/TOAD
2023 Jeep Wrangler
How do you remove doghouse to get to top of engine? No latches found. 2022 Vacationer 35K
PSX_20230412_135159_0.jpg

My gasser was a 2017, I had screws buried in the carpet. Had to feel around to find them.

How do you remove doghouse to get to top of engine? No latches found. 2022 Vacationer 35K
View attachment 17941

You have to remove the black trim piece and A LOT of screws.

May I ask Why you need to access the top of the motor?

I thought I had to so I could change the plug wires (FORD recall) but found I could access through wheel wells, you will need to turn the wheels depending on which side, crawl under and then slowly move to to a crouched position. Recommend doing this with motor cool.

You have to remove the black trim piece and A LOT of screws.

May I ask Why you need to access the top of the motor?

I thought I had to so I could change the plug wires (FORD recall) but found I could access through wheel wells, you will need to turn the wheels depending on which side, crawl under and then slowly move to to a crouched position. Recommend doing this with motor cool.

My gasser was a 2017, I had screws buried in the carpet. Had to feel around to find them.
Thank you. I had the check engine light flashing. Turned out it was misfires and number 3 spark plug failure. The Ford dealer 98 miles away replaced all wires and spark plug. Runs good now. 3500 miles on a 2023 Vacationer.

Thank you. I had the check engine light flashing. Turned out it was misfires and number 3 spark plug failure. The Ford dealer 98 miles away replaced all wires and spark plug. Runs good now. 3500 miles on a 2023 Vacationer.
TaxMan, good you got the wires changed. Keep an extra 1 or two on hand. They will fail again unless you have the rest of the work done for the recall which involves modifying other components to change the air flow. Be sure to follow up with the Ford dealer.

Is it a hot air management issue around the 7.3 that's causing issues. I thought bringing the engine to market with how it was designed was supposed to alleviate many of the problems of the past originating from the early OHC modular engines that were physically larger than their predecessors but offered an inferior torque curve.

Latest resources

Back